Cinco de mayo!!!

shittygsxr

I was in mexico city a few years ago on cinqo de mayo. you don't get any more mexican than mexico city ..which reminds me that I ate ant eggs while I was there. anyways..I thought traffic was gonna suck more than the usual suckedness...until I realized that they could care less about the 5th of may. no celebration...no nothing. it's a commercial north american holiday.

I was in mexico city a few years ago on cinqo de mayo. you don't get any more mexican than mexico city ..which reminds me that I ate ant eggs while I was there. anyways..I thought traffic was gonna suck more than the usual suckedness...until I realized that they could care less about the 5th of may. no celebration...no nothing. it's a commercial north american holiday.

Ant eggs... I remember being offered those - I didn't partake, but down in Mx City was where I first tried Horchata and love it.

so tomorrow is cinco de mayo. How is everyone going to celebrate???

Maybe I will hire a mexican to do the yardwork that I was thinking about doing

PM me...I am looking for a side job, and my ancestors would be proud. And if I can't make it, my cousins can until it's strawberry season.

Then again, if you saw my yard, you wouldn't think a Mexican lived there.:D

And know that I am so rolling with this, dude. Don't take my jokes as picking at ya. I am being stared at by my co-workers who are wondering about my shit eating grin.:D

Is that like an enchilata but made with whores

Ha! I was a little miffed when they described it, but it's sweetened rice milk/water. It's like drinking liquefied rice pudding. The actual stuff from Mexico is the best, but I buy the Kern's stuff at Wallyworld. Why am I not surprised Walmart carries this stuff?

http://www.kerns.com/products_horchata.html

horchata_pack.jpg

Ant eggs... I remember being offered those - I didn't partake, but down in Mx City was where I first tried Horchata and love it.

Man, I ate them before I knew what they were. They are considered a delicacy. They tasted pretty damn good (obviously they had some seasoning to them).

Ha! I was a little miffed when they described it, but it's sweetened rice milk/water. It's like drinking liquefied rice pudding. The actual stuff from Mexico is the best, but I buy the Kern's stuff at Wallyworld. Why am I not surprised Walmart carries this stuff?

http://www.kerns.com/products_horchata.html

horchata_pack.jpg

for a second i thought you said MILFED. lets just say i was dissappointed the second time through.

Man, I ate them before I knew what they were. They are considered a delicacy. They tasted pretty damn good (obviously they had some seasoning to them).

Yea, that's how the my coworkers that I was traveling with ended up eating them. I would've tried them if I didn't know what they were. Instead I opted for some fried cricket. I've eaten a lot of other goofy stuff traveling down there - in Monterrey we ate at the supposedly famous "El Rey Del Cabrito". For those who donta speaka da espanola, rough translation = the king of goat meat. They served anything and everything goat, including fried goats head. I wasn't that adventurous, but the local rep that was showing us around ordered some sort of goat jerky that had the consistency of cotton candy, it was like eating dried hair made of meat.

But of the things I've had, Horchata is something I still buy here, and if you've never had Chongos Zamoranos (http://www.mexgrocer.com/4604.html) - I'd recommend them. One of the hotels served them at breakfast time - very different, but very good.

for a second i thought you said MILFED. lets just say i was disappointed the second time through.

I didn't know you liked the Latina Lotlitas Benyen... plenty of them around down in "Mehico", if you don't mind sharing.