My 14 and it's stock BT014's

NinjaNick

Ok, this fucker eats the shit out of tires. I never do burnouts, well, because I'm not going to watch my money go up in smoke. Even w/out that, my rear is shot at 1200miles! This thing eats the shit out of them. It has to be the 100+lbs of torque. Doesn't help that I'm ham-fisted, but I didn't by the bike to cruise on. So I just got a front and rear Pilot Power shipped to me today and I'm taking the 2 wheels off and taking them down the road to get mounted. I sure hope this set of PP's last longer than 1500 at least. My 636 I would get about 3000 out of a rear.:nono:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, this fucker eats the shit out of tires. I never do burnouts, well, because I'm not going to watch my money go up in smoke. Even w/out that, my rear is shot at 1200miles! This thing eats the shit out of them. It has to be the 100+lbs of torque. Doesn't help that I'm ham-fisted, but I didn't by the bike to cruise on. So I just got a front and rear Pilot Power shipped to me today and I'm taking the 2 wheels off and taking them down the road to get mounted. I sure hope this set of PP's last longer than 1500 at least. My 636 I would get about 3000 out of a rear.:nono:

if u ride anything like i do even on the street the rear will not last.. last year i put 8500 miles on my bike and 8 tires but i all do drag race mine

if u ride anything like i do even on the street the rear will not last.. last year i put 8500 miles on my bike and 8 tires but i all do drag race mine

I believe you. I normally use 2 rears to 1 front, so I'm sure I'll buy 3 more rears and 1 more front this year probably. Maybe more. :eek: It's just the beginning of the season too. Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaayum!

I believe you. I normally use 2 rears to 1 front, so I'm sure I'll buy 3 more rears and 1 more front this year probably. Maybe more. :eek: It's just the beginning of the season too. Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaayum!

im on number 3 allready this year :grin:

1500 miles what are you doing??? You running 20 psi or something.

I have never gotten less then 4500 miles out of my stock tires on any of my 1000s.

Anyone who has ridden with me can tell you I don't baby the bikes on acceleration.

I am at 5000 miles on my 06 1k with 2-3 short burnouts (2 in work parking lot to warm tire for race practice launch), a Slab trip to South of Macon, GA and back, then week after a ride down to Nashville, TN and back.

I have only done one trip to twisties with it so far. I still got a few hundred miles, but will be doing a tire change maybe this week or weekend.

1500 miles what are you doing??? You running 20 psi or something.

I have never gotten less then 4500 miles out of my stock tires on any of my 1000s.

Anyone who has ridden with me can tell you I don't baby the bikes on acceleration.

I am at 5000 miles on my 06 1k with 2-3 short burnouts (2 in work parking lot to warm tire for race practice launch), a Slab trip to South of Macon, GA and back, then week after a ride down to Nashville, TN and back.

I have only done one trip to twisties with it so far. I still got a few hundred miles, but will be doing a tire change maybe this week or weekend.

Big difference between 1000cc and 1300-1400cc. The torque difference is monstrous, not to mention the weight. Everybody I know with a Busa or a 14 goes through tires like crazy.

Big difference between 1000cc and 1300-1400cc. The torque difference is monstrous, not to mention the weight. Everybody I know with a Busa or a 14 goes through tires like crazy.

Yeah I also have a buddy who has owned a busa and Gix 1k and he got 4k miles plus out of both.

There is a difference but not 5k miles to 1.5k miles. Unless they are changing them a lot earlier then I do I don't see that it could be that big of a difference.

If I had a 1300-1400 I would run 36-38 psi at all time and 40 or so for slab work.

If someone is running under 36 psi on those bike they are destroying the tire for no reason.

I run 38-40psi front and rear. As of now the indicators are worn smooth, cords are next. The center melts under acceleration I've noticed and at highspeeds. I guess it's good because I know I'm getting traction...lol. I literally noticed the thread melt in 200miles this Sunday. My buddy and I stopped at a gas station and I couldn't believe how much of a difference the tread was compared to when I left. It was drastic.

I don't know many people that can get 5000 out of a tire on a sportbike. I use to get around 3500 MAX on my old 636. A buddy I ride with a lot with an SV1000 gets around 3500 MAX on his too. I'm talking smoooooth tires when changed, no tread left.

I'll shoot some pics tonight of the ODO and tires to post up.

It is one of those things where some how I always seem to get more life out of tires.

i have about 4k on my rear now and its due. i seem to make them last also. do you change front the same time rear always?