$500 wasted

hiro

Paid a "contractor" $500 and later found that his work is cr*p! Now I have to fire him and look for someone else to fix that mess. So, out $500 + materials wasted + aggravation + losing sleep and I have to work tomorrow. Have to thank the guy! He's lucky I'm even giving his tools back. Coulda bought me some nice stuff. On a positive note, I successfully changed water valve and it's smooth!! I'll take what ever victories I can get.

Is this the right place for this post?

14 hours ago, Al Z. Heimer said:

To answer your question.......The answer is no. I think This Old House has a forum. Take it there before this turns into a 20 page thread on the merits of galvanized 10 penny nails over plain steel. 

Spiral or straight shank?

Edited by Ron505
  • Upvote 2

14 hours ago, motocat12 said:

BBB

We just let him keep the $500 out of $1500 and said he's done. He did slave away for a whole day and the agreement was $500 up front. I /did/ think of deducting for wasted materials, but it's really my subjective call and choice to not continue. Probably $100+ in materials. But, I think it just adds injury to insult. Next time we'll be more careful about who we hire. Now I need to rip it all out. Maybe salvage some of the tile.