Smart Car isn't so gay anymore...

Moto-Brian

They were supposed to offer the Brabus at the dealership in Columbus but it's not on their site anymore for some reason. Black on black would definitely be cool.

They are sold by Mercedes dealerships. Germain Mercedes at Easton has them. i think they are sold out right now and taking orders...

I would definitely have one if it had a busa motor in it.. I would beat the shit out of that thing... Lizard, if you decide to do it, I definitely want to help with the teardown and build...

The idea is on the table with my wife. I'd have to sell my car and look at the facts before I go through with it. The issue is space and the fact that if I'd ever have to use it for family driving, someone has to stay home... So, we'll see. I'll keep ya posted.

They are sold by Mercedes dealerships. Germain Mercedes at Easton has them. i think they are sold out right now and taking orders...

Would be cool to go check one out when they get one in. Man now you have me wanting to start a new project myself.

No question about it, Id drive one with a 1k or busa motor. that would be a blast. There is only one problem that you ladies are looking past, or maybe you have a solution already... Reverse. I guess you could push it out of parking spots or just pull through. haha

No question about it, Id drive one with a 1k or busa motor. that would be a blast. There is only one problem that you ladies are looking past, or maybe you have a solution already... Reverse. I guess you could push it out of parking spots or just pull through. haha

Why ya gotta be a joy kill? Damn reverse... I don't know... They have a reverse set-up on four wheelers. I suspect they could do a conversion...

Hmmmmmm.....

you dont need reverse just mash the gas and spin it around in the parking spot

"Oh, I can get turned around. The gear I use is called my right foot and the accelerator pedal. Simply turn the wheel to full right or left and mash the pedal down. Istantly faces the other way!!"

:D:D:D:D:D

well when you consider that their pretty much useless, and the only reason you'd really buy one is to save fuel, it'd take quite a long time to offset the savings buy purchasing a 20k car specifically for that reason.

crap yota!!! i guess there has to be a drawback somewhere.....

other than the cost... it would be expensive too. dont they sell for like 18,000? then you would have to find a junked out busa motor, another 1500, and then you would probably spend another 500 on random parts and stupid stuff. 20g's is alot of money..... would be cool as hell though.

How do they get the reverse to work on the bumper cars at Cedar Point? Turn the wheel all the way to lock right or lock left and they magically go backward... Same setup for the Smart car, just use a mini motor and the battery power -- all electric.

Found this in our local paper today........Looks like gas prices have gone up over 500% in the last 10 years!!!! :mad:

Pain at the pump

Jumps in gasoline prices always shock people, but the latest hike may make people downright wistful for the old days — when people complained about gas costing $1 or $2 a gallon.

News stories from The Courier's files show that in mid-March 2005, Swifty Gas & Oil on Trenton Avenue was charging $1.98 per gallon for unleaded regular gas.

After the 9/11 attacks in 2001, prices at some Findlay stations rose to $1.69 per gallon, causing scared people to line up at the pumps.

"There was widespread talk of spiking gas prices reaching $3 to $4 a gallon in the Midwest, prompting many drivers to fill their tanks," The Courier reported then.

On Christmas Eve in 1998, several gas stations in the city boosted their prices to 95 cents a gallon, "up from the low 80s in recent weeks," it was reported.

"Why the (Marathon) oil company would be hiking prices in the midst of a world oil glut was not clear," The Courier wrote. "Officials at the Marathon corporate office were not available for comment."

Contact staff writer Joy Brown at:

Found this in our local paper today........Looks like gas prices have gone up over 500% in the last 10 years!!!! :mad:

subtract the taxes and do your math again $0.80 - .40 tax - $0.40 gal

3.79 - .40 tax $3.39 gal

So gas prices have gone up 8x and oil per barrel has gone from 30ish to 120ish

A buddy of mine drove a Smart Car and said it was a fairly frightening experience. But I suppose with a busa motor, that could change :D

I just gave in myself and traded my gas pig Wrangler for a Civic coupe. 38 mpg highway! :badgerrock:

subtract the taxes and do your math again $0.80 - .40 tax - $0.40 gal

3.79 - .40 tax $3.39 gal

So gas prices have gone up 8x and oil per barrel has gone from 30ish to 120ish

Yeah.......I was erring on the conservative side. Same article interviewed a Prof at the University here......He's convinced barrel prices will be $200 by end of summer.

What shocked me is how low prices were as recently as 9/11, and below a dollar as recently as 1998 :eek:

crap yota!!! i guess there has to be a drawback somewhere.....

other than the cost... it would be expensive too. dont they sell for like 18,000? then you would have to find a junked out busa motor, another 1500, and then you would probably spend another 500 on random parts and stupid stuff. 20g's is alot of money..... would be cool as hell though.

They sell for $13-$14k if you can wait for what you want...

Motor can be found for $500-$700. No more than a grand...

I have all the random stuff needed outside a few machined pieces for the conversion, I suspect. Exhaust and stuff is already around and can be cut, welded, etc. to fit...

The reverse deal can be done with a starter motor type set-up as seen on a Gold Wing... Me and my buddy who does engine builds already discussed and it sounds good...

I'd say for an additional $2k in parts and labor, you could convert and have it totally legit... So, $15-$16k...