Rick Roush Rt.18

Mc_spirited

I went out there with a friend. Hes gotta 650R and needed to do the 500 mile maintence oil change. First thing, I hate how they are set up. One counter to get the parts, the other to pay. I just get a K+N recharge kit and my oil filter. My buddy gets a filter, drain plug gasket and a helmet quick release. We go over to the other counter and my buddy pays on his C.C. After signing he looks at the reciept and they sold him a spark plug he diddnt even ask about. The cashier girls giggle and he goes back to the parts counter and the dude just says, "Well, just keep it, you're going to need it eventually anyways".

My buddy wanted to just pay to have the service done. I say to him, "You want a dealership to work on your bike and they cant even sell you parts right?" Dealerships just get me heated. If a dealeship ever screwed me, I would be paying them a visit off hours and make a window into a door.

It's scary how shady some of these places are...

Disclaimer: This is a secondhand story as told to me by my coworker.

My coworker goes out to Rick Roush since he'd been shopping for an sv650 - think he was looking at this exact bike:

http://www.cycletrader.com/find/listing/2005-SUZUKI-SV650-91740182

Being his first bike purchase he wanted a little advice, so I just sent him off to KBB and comparative cycletrader bike for pricing info. Once he found out that KBB was more than a grand less than he was going to go back in and negotiate a little bit - from what he tells me, they couldn't move on the price at all because the actual owner wouldn't let them. Apparently, they told him that the used bikes were on consignment and any "offers" would have to be taken back to the original owners of the bikes before acceptance.

I'd never heard of this, and my friend moved on since they weren't moving on the price. Has anyone else heard of this? Do used bike dealers run consignment or should I've waved the BS flag?

I dont know on the used bike thing. But why would you buy a used bike from the dealership. I hate dealerships. Whenever im in one with the intent to purchase or a friend that needs something, I am ultra hostile. My buddy was buying his 650R and all im doin is talkin shit like, "You dont need to buy from here. It is a brand new bike, there are a thousand in Ohio. Dont be afraid to walk out". You gotta be an asshole with that stuff. I was talking to this kid in the marines and made a comment about how the recruiters are just like salesmen, just trying to hit their number and will do whatever or say whatever to get your buisness. Dealerships piss me off like the goverment does.

I bought a bike and my dad has bought 3 bikes from Roush, I have never had any problems with them, I wont get my bike serviced there because there labor rate is fucking ridiculous but they are a dealership i wouldnt expect anything less. I know my dads first 2 bikes he bought were used bikes and he got them to drop the price and throw in accessories and helmets with them, so im not too sure about the whole consignment thing.

All in all I like the people at Roush and I have always gotten great service there.

I have stopped in there twice on the way home from PA and its a nice place but what a weird staff, maybe its because it was the off season. I bought gloves and grips there and both times the cashier lady ( i hate their setup too for parts and cashier but a lot of dealers are like that) hasnt been personable and the sales guys are cluless. I asked one of the sales guys on prices on a Aprilia and a RC51 and he couldnt find it on their inventory sheet, how the hell do you have bikes in house and not have them on inventory???????????

SO far its been a even experience with them, their parts guy was fairly smart and very nice.

Hell it took the damn Service technician to find me a Drain plug crush washer for my Suzuki. he kept bringing me what looked like crush washers for a CBR (look more like a standard washer). Ended up being the same as the yamaha crush washers.

It was pretty lame there. the sales area is beautiful, and have more bikes in their show room then some of the shops here in Cincy sell in 2 years I think.

I don't know about that dealership specifically, but I've heard other stories where they might have a "friend" with a used bike (<1 year or really low miles) on display on their showroom floor...but it wouldn't make any sense if there were only brand new bikes and then 1 random used bike

Apparently, they told him that the used bikes were on consignment and any "offers" would have to be taken back to the original owners of the bikes before acceptance.

I'd never heard of this, and my friend moved on since they weren't moving on the price. Has anyone else heard of this? Do used bike dealers run consignment or should I've waved the BS flag?

I know they do consignments at the ASK dealerships.