Some questions about Deals Gap/Dragon tail

mrbret

How long does it take to ride the 11 miles at a slow to normal speed (good weather, nothing stopping traffic etc)?

How would you rate the ride? good, bad, perfect, crap etc

Is there any good parking near the dragon for truck & small trailer?

Is there anything else near the Deals Gap area worth seeing?

Any other info please feel free to add............

How long does it take to ride the 11 miles at a slow to normal speed (good weather, nothing stopping traffic etc)?

How would you rate the ride? good, bad, perfect, crap etc

Is there any good parking near the dragon for truck & small trailer?

Is there anything else near the Deals Gap area worth seeing?

Any other info please feel free to add............

At a slow to normal pace I think it is about twenty minutes, give or take. Once you are actually in the turns you honestly are not thinking about the time because the next corner is pretty much upon you as you clear the first. It's fun, the say that the cops have been cracking down pretty heavy down there lately.

There is parking for a truck and a trailer at the end on the North Carolina side but I wouldn't do it. There are some nice roads on the route to the Gap that you'll miss out on like the Foothills Parkway. All of those roads are a nice warm up to the Gap.

The Cherohala Skyway is a nice ride too. It winds up over the mountains of North Carolina and back down into Tennessee. I think it's about 41 miles. The Skyway was alright, I liked the Gap a little better. The scenery of the Skyway can be a little distracting, a bunch of the people that we rode with loved it though.

Are you thinking about going? It was a blast when we went. I'm sure you'll have a good time.

Was just there last weekend....LEO's on the Tennessee side kept things slow...but none on the NC side about 20 minutes either way.

The Foothills Parkway and The Cherahola Skyway are very scenic with view points every few miles.

My favorite was The Cherahola Skyway, we carved it up pretty damn good =) Long straight runs with sharp to medium curves at the end....almost felt like a track day.

Don't forget to smile for the camera people on The Dragon. 3 companies make a lot of money taking high res photos and selling them to you. Very nice pics.

Plenty of stuff to do in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge.

I will be getting pictures back soon to post.