Oil Change, chain lube, tighten chain, etc

SuperHawk

Bah I can't believe didn't see this earlier lol.

WD-40 can be used just fine on chains. The O-rings (which are "prelubricated") are sealed by rubber and won't be harmed by it.

I use WD-40 to clean my chain before lubing it. It works great and it's quick. It's easier to store, handle and get then kerosene also.

Well we got almost everything done yesterday, MUCH thanks to Yotaman aka Kevin. Today we're just going to put my right front caliper back on and possibly try and mess with installing my frame sliders, maybe not though as we want to get out and ride since its supposed to be awesome today! Should be 4 of us meeting up around 12-1, anyone is welcome to join up!! Call me if you want to come, 614-595-5536.

Matt

We used brake cleaner really good and a rag to clean the chain, it was filthy, and then I bought PJ1, the blue can to lube the chain. We also cleaned my k&N air filter, changed the oil/filter, put a new front tire on, adjusted my chain, it was a good/busy day.

Again, I can't thank Kevin enough, the brakes were starting to wear on him as me today, but we prevailed and had a good ride today. Only thing I noticed while out riding is my mirrors don't extend far enough to the side, should I buy extensions or new mirrors altogether? They are basically pointless to me right now unless I constantly move in a weird position to use them. Put about 50miles on the bike today, felt really nice! I want some people to cruise with damnit!

Most mirrors are like that man. It sucks. You can buy aftermarket ones, but I never 100% trust my mirrors any way cuz I dont want to be road kill. I always turn to check blindspots so the mirrors are only a little help.

Most mirrors are like that man. It sucks. You can buy aftermarket ones, but I never 100% trust my mirrors any way cuz I dont want to be road kill. I always turn to check blindspots so the mirrors are only a little help.

ok, thanks, I figured they were cuz i'm a big bitch but i know there's gotta be people bigger than me riding. I did turn quite often to check, especially when changing lanes, etc, but I guess in my car I'm almost constantly checking my mirrors, and I'd like to do that even more since I'm afraid of a person running up hard from behind me and hitting me.

Going riding with a few people tomorrow after work, around 6 or 7...

I'm afraid of a person running up hard from behind me and hitting me.

Just looking out for ya bro when I say this incase you didn't know. At stops when a car is coming up to you always have it in gear and waiting for them to run you over. In traffic leave some space between you and the car in front, so if the person in rear is about to hit you, you can jump up between the cars in front of you. Trust me, there are so many cars that run on top of bikes at stops around the world. I couldn't imagine it...it would SUCK! :eek: