kawasaki positive neutral finder

John

my ex500 has this on it. basically if you are at a dead stop, you can only shift into first or neutral.

so my question is, do all kawis come with this?

kawikid, ninja nick, satan, mr bret... do your bikes have this?

from what i remember, my 250 was always funny at a dead stop. if i forgot to shift down while rolling, i always had trouble getting down through the gears back to 1st. im pretty sure i couldnt shift back up once i got there either, at a stop.

Yeah, they're all like that. If that happens, in order for me to go down another gear I release the clutch until it grabs and then pull it back in to downshift to the next gear. I try to avoid forgetting to downshift though, but sometimes you just get caught sleeping.

Why did you change them if you avoid using that set-up with normal gear selection?

because i wanted the better acceleration of the other 5 gears and i can start from first but i have to change gears very quickly to second... so i start in second and don't have to worry about it.. mostly because at mid ohio i was in too high rpm coming through the key hole (for anyone that knows it) and wanted to be able to take it in 3rd instead of 2nd..

also i did a 520 conversion and figured why not. on a side note i went down one in the front and it made a big difference and would recommend a 520 conversion and either one down on the front or 2 up in the back to everyone..

because i wanted the better acceleration of the other 5 gears and i can start from first but i have to change gears very quickly to second... so i start in second and don't have to worry about it.. mostly because at mid ohio i was in too high rpm coming through the key hole (for anyone that knows it) and wanted to be able to take it in 3rd instead of 2nd..

also i did a 520 conversion and figured why not. on a side note i went down one in the front and it made a big difference and would recommend a 520 conversion and either one down on the front or 2 up in the back to everyone..

Oh. Yeah I've experienced the keyhole so I know what it is. Having to shift while leaned over is a bitch, so I know what you mean with proper gear selection. I love low end torque so I can have low rpm's with lots of power and still have tons of rpm room to push me through the turn.

Oh. Yeah I've experienced the keyhole so I know what it is. Having to shift while leaned over is a bitch, so I know what you mean with proper gear selection. I love low end torque so I can have low rpm's with lots of power and still have tons of rpm room to push me through the turn.

yea 600 and low end torque don't go together..

edit.. thoughi also have a quickshifter so its not that big a problem but bg enough that i think the gear change will help a lot haven't been back since i did it..

Let me get this straight? It prevents you from upshifting into anything above first gear when you arent moving. Seems like there wouldnt be a need for such a thing. At least ive never run into that problem, but I may be a minority? Whats the situation where it would cause a problem?:confused:

so you dont have to "feel around" for neutral once youve come to a stop.

I see your point but I dont put the trans in neutral until im going to get off of the bike so this problem only occurs once a trip and unlike me if you have a neutral lite you cant miss neutral for second, sooo, ok, Sound like extra bs for such a small problem but I may be in the minority like I said.:)

I see your point but I dont put the trans in neutral until im going to get off of the bike so this problem only occurs once a trip and unlike me if you have a neutral lite you cant miss neutral for second, sooo, ok, Sound like extra bs for such a small problem but I may be in the minority like I said.:)

i got a neutral light, but its still pretty sensitve to shifting into second. for some reason its easier to catch neutral coming from 2 - 1 than going up from 1. on my bike if youre rolling in first and tap the shifter, 90% of the time its gonna skip neutral and go straight into second.

i dont think they charge more for it so w/e

:banana::banana::banana: