One for the good guys(CCW related)

Putty

I like how this quote, " Opponents said it took Buford's - that the 15-year-old might be alive if a citizen had not been armed. "

BULLSHIT. The only thing that would have changed is the 15 year old bitch punk would be alive and an INNOCENT citizen would be murdered.

This article is biased, they do identify that the thief had drawn a gun initally,but after that fact they seem to forget about it altogether.

This kid had it coming, I'm not so sure the shooter should have shot "multiple times", but if you come to my house with a gun pulled you best be ready for whatever the fuck I've got.

I agree I think the kid got what was coming to him.

The sad part about that whole situation is the rally for the kid. He was in the process of committing a crime he honestly got what he deserved. It sucks that it cost him his life. I'm glad no charges where pressed against the permit holder. Sounds like he was in the right given the facts.

I always like seeing how the media portrays these events. As I occasionally teach ccw classes, my big fear is reading about a former student having to use lethal force.

One of the guys I occasionally teach with had a student involved in a lethal force incident. I believe it was one of the first ones in the state after the ccw law had passed. It was a clean shoot, but that doesn't mean that some idiot reporter won't publicy crucify you for it.

I always like seeing how the media portrays these events. As I occasionally teach ccw classes, my big fear is reading about a former student having to use lethal force.

One of the guys I occasionally teach with had a student involved in a lethal force incident. I believe it was one of the first ones in the state after the ccw law had passed. It was a clean shoot, but that doesn't mean that some idiot reporter won't publicy crucify you for it.

[/quote:afd23] +

Yep, that's true. They should set it up so that if you are found to have legally defended your self you should be free from civil liability as well.

What bothers me most is how they say the kid would be living had there not been a person with a gun involved. Maybe so, BUT the innocent victim would be dead. I'd rather see a result like this one verses the other way around any day of the week.

What bothers me most is how they say the kid would be living had there not been a person with a gun involved. Maybe so, BUT the innocent victim would be dead. I'd rather see a result like this one verses the other way around any day of the week.

:bow:

People should be outraged if these people file a wrongful death suit. I can just see them now saying the man shouldn't have shot him as many times as he did. :nono:

It happens alot. It sucks. My whole thing is the criminal started the whole chain of events that led up to the conclusion. That right there should be enough to have a civil case thrown out. It's like when a burgalar breaks into a house and then gets shot and wants to sue. Bullshit, you deserved what you got.

Rule of thumb..

Leave no witnesses to dispute anything you say to the law..(Unfortunately that is the way it has to be these days to cover your ass.. who knows what that other kid will say once he gets on the stand..)

As bad as it sounds, if that were my porch, there would be more then one corpse laying around because his friend wouldnt have been so lucky.

double tap, switch targets, repeat until situation is safe.