Cool Autocross vid

Mallard

Thats not autoX, thats Pro Solo. Im surprised he wasnt going faster... that course was VERY open.

Look at the slalom... if yo can call it that... they are like 2 or 3 feet offset... and not a single chicago box!

OVR owns ;)

Didn't realize it was a ProSolo.

For those of you that don't know...PROSOLO'S OWN!!!

You start side-by-side from a drag racing tree and race the car next to you. You both do the same course, but on opposite sides of the lot. Usually the start is a long straight section. Basically you start an autocross with a drag race and you're head-to-head. You get a lot more runs then your average autox too.

OVR is a really good region for autox, but Detroit uses the Silverdome lot. I wish we had a lot that size around here.

Guest Dark_Viper01
I was gonna say, that was the longest autoX track I've ever seen. Anyone know if he was using a Cone Cam system to get that shot? I would hope he wouldn't mount a handheld camera down there, one cone and it would be toast.

Originally posted by Dark_Viper01:

I was gonna say, that was the longest autoX track I've ever seen. Anyone know if he was using a Cone Cam system to get that shot? I would hope he wouldn't mount a handheld camera down there, one cone and it would be toast.

Not sure what he was using, but i know a lot of guys will use web cams sending a signal to their camcorder that's in the car. Some guys go as far as putting a camara on each tire to make sure they're close enough to the cone.

Originally posted by Kevin R.:

That looked really confusing. How'd he know what cones to swerve in? Haha.

Watch this... this is me btw...

www.mrmeanrracing.com/vids/incar.mpg

See the cones that are laying down on thier side? The cones are like arrows, and point which way your supposed to go around a specific cone. It gets real f-ing confusing when you hit mulitiple chicago boxes like in this vid... mee also...

www.mrmeanrracing.com/vids/r3rr.mpg

Originally posted by Old School Accy:

yep thats right a miata =)

I like Miatas because of thier prowess... but if they had half a engine worth a lick from the factory id be all over one. Im keeping my eye on those MS Miatas... they look to be quite a threat around the track.

Originally posted by Mallard:

Didn't realize it was a ProSolo.

For those of you that don't know...PROSOLO'S OWN!!!

You start side-by-side from a drag racing tree and race the car next to you. You both do the same course, but on opposite sides of the lot. Usually the start is a long straight section. Basically you start an autocross with a drag race and you're head-to-head. You get a lot more runs then your average autox too.

OVR is a really good region for autox, but Detroit uses the Silverdome lot. I wish we had a lot that size around here.

Pro Solo is awesome... especialy if you have a vette on hoosiers ;)

Fun Fact! More regional racers turn pro out of OVR than any other division in the country. WOR and NE OHIO think a chicago box with a 15 foot center cap is tight.... OVRs are usually about 8-10ft.

OVR owns smile.gif

Originally posted by MRMEANR:

I like Miatas because of thier prowess... but if they had half a engine worth a lick from the factory id be all over one. Im keeping my eye on those MS Miatas... they look to be quite a threat around the track.

The MS Miata's are not faster (I've heard some people say they are slower) on an autox course then a regualar one. Apparently the gear ratio's aren't great for autox.

Originally posted by Mallard:

The MS Miata's are not faster (I've heard some people say they are slower) on an autox course then a regualar one. Apparently the gear ratio's aren't great for autox.

A car is only as fast as the person driving it ;)