9-second Z06

Dr. Pomade

Here's the video of the pass:

http://www.learntodragrace.com/z06-record.wmv

Here's the video of the car in the staging lanes:

http://www.learntodragrace.com/tt-z06.wmv

And here's text that's copied and pasted from the guy's post on Z06Vette.com:

"I believe I now have the fastest and quickest Z06 in the world!

We just couldn't wait any longer so we packed her up and headed to E-town yesterday for a couple of passes.

To be perfectly honest, I was expecting the car to run in 9.3X to 9.5X neighborhood. We still haven't made changes to the computer or had the car tuned but, we wanted to see what she had in current form.

Leo Barnaby took the wheel for the first pass. He staged the car, got on the trans brake, built some boost and.............she was goooooooone. My jaw dropped to the floor when the board lit up. He ran a 9.095 @ 146.62 mph with a crappy 1.41 60'. I couldn't believe my eyes. Neither could the spectators. All you heard was a "whooooaaaaaa" from the stands. This street-appearing Z06 just clicked off a 9 second flat.

We let the car cool down and I got in to make the second pass. I certainly didn't make it look as smooth and easy as Leo but I managed to get through the burnout, build some boost on the launch, and click off a 9.170 @ 152.07 on an even worse 1.54 60'. I was very happy to see this kind of time slip. The car handled like a Caddy. It tracked perfectly straight and required virtually no steering input. Taking Leo's advice, I locked my elbow and didn't have to move the wheel at all. The launch was surprising. I actualy lifted a bit after I released the trans brake button. Had I not done that, I would've had a much better 60' and probably have run a time closer to Leo's.

Huge cudos to Leo Barnaby and Dave Kraus of Neverlift for finally allowing this car to put down the monstrous power that Cartek built last year. Although the car needs to be retuned, the motor held up just fine and we made two passes within a tenth about one hour apart.

This car is just amazing and has exceeded my expectations. This is the really crazy part: the car still doesn't have the new computer, it hasn't been tuned, we ran on minimal boost setting, both drivers had to pedal the car from around the 1000' mark, and we have one or two more changes to make after gathering some data yesterday. What's the bottom line? I think some of you Pro 8 guys are in trouble!

AND THIS IS ALL OUT OF A LIL OLE 346!"

Here's the link to the entire thread:

http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79289&page=1&pp=15