$@#% Warped Rotors!!

wolfman

I can't find straight rotors! Anybody know if there is a shop in Columbus that can straighten motorcycle rotors?

My stock rotors look like they are only bent at the mounting flange. I bought some replacements but they are warped, too!

I can't find straight rotors! Anybody know if there is a shop in Columbus that can straighten motorcycle rotors?

My stock rotors look like they are only bent at the mounting flange. I bought some replacements but they are warped, too!

Were the replacements new? If not, its entirely possible that you bought someone else's problem. If they're new, you've probably got something else going on there...bent rim maybe, forks twisted?

Anyhow, lay the rotor mounting side down on a flat surface and see if it rocks, if it doesnt rock, measure the distance between the rotor surface and the flat surface - it should be relatively the same all around. If its not your rotors are bent.

I'd say its pretty long odds to have 4 bent rotors.....

Were the replacements new? If not, its entirely possible that you bought someone else's problem. If they're new, you've probably got something else going on there...bent rim maybe, forks twisted?

Anyhow, lay the rotor mounting side down on a flat surface and see if it rocks, if it doesnt rock, measure the distance between the rotor surface and the flat surface - it should be relatively the same all around. If its not your rotors are bent.

I'd say its pretty long odds to have 4 bent rotors.....

Well, the rotors that came on the bike looked like they had been pinched together. I'm guessing that the tow truck driver strapped the front wheel or something and bent them. The other rotors I bought were used but luckily the guy said he would refund my money. I'll try to bend the originals back to true...I need to get this thing on the road.

Hammer + Tire Iron = Rotors Straight Enough

I straightened out the original rotors enough that I can't feel pulsing in the brake lever...so I'm going to call it good enough. Anyways, I finally got to take the new RR for a real ride and it kicks ass.