Our Tax Dollars at Work

Guest Crankshaft

Guest Crankshaft
Originally posted by The DropTop:

Bad.Ass. What were they shooting at? what ever it was, it must have been tough, because they blew the hell out of it more than once. A-10's?

<font color ="midnightblue"> I'm pretty sure they were Apaches (military personell correct me if I'm wrong). You could almost see them in a few of the shots; you could hear the shots being fired and could tell they were fairly low to the ground, so it wasn't a Spectre, and you couldn't hear the turbine, so it wasn't an A-10. Thus my guess is Apache.

Guest Crankshaft

<font color ="midnightblue"> Lol, for those of you still in your civies, Scott just said that he has worked with the same infrared light, which appeared to resemble a PEQ-2, a dual laser system developed to allow a combination of both pin point aiming and broad beam target illumination, which can be mounted on weapons. He then goes on to say that it also works in conjunction with Track-While-Scan (TWS), which is a radar mode in which scanning continues even while one or more targets are being tracked. This, in turn, can be used with independently or through augmentation with the NVS-142, which is yet another night vision system. Finally, he adds that he becomse sexually aroused by the discharge of weapons during a combat situation; he should also metion that he has not informed his fellow soldiers of this fetish, and should be considered armed and dangerous within the foxhole. tongue.gif

Seriously though, gotta love those military acronymns and abbreviations.

Guest lilchaz16
Originally posted by Sapper98Z:

It was an apache. We've got the same IR light, looked almost like a PEQ-2 being lighted on the target. PEQ-2 is weapon mounted, and can work in junction with the TWS which is the NVS-142 I believe. I still get a hard on watchin live fire. :D

hey dickhead, i got hit by a fuckin VBIED the other day...gettin a purple heart for getting fucked up. just thought i'd let you know since i can't get ahold of you.

Guest Crankshaft
<font color ="midnightblue"> I actually wasn't sure of that one either, Brian. I finally had to use google, and all I found were similar systems, like NVS-72 or -45, etc etc. It made sense, however, that -142 was just a higher end model or variant of some sort.

Guest lilchaz16
Originally posted by Ricochet:

My mos is night vision repair and I've never heard of nvs-142. Anybody got a picture of one? Google came up empty.

chaz, glad you made it.

thanks man, so am i. definately learned to shoot sooner