600 HP evo @ 33psi vs. A Pair of 600 hp snake ponies.

Guest DagoRcR

Originally posted by The DropTop:

How could a coupe SVT possibily weigh 3700 pounds? My convertable weighs in at 3430 pounds with 3/4 tank of gas and a 100% complete interior.

IRS, bigger brakes, bigger wheels/tires, intercooler/heat exchanger, 4V heads, supercharger, etc...

3700 pounds is about right... smile.gif

Guest Scoobysnack
Originally posted by GTWEEE:

hello area under the curve!!!!!

Turbo lag....

I don't think either car wasn't making power at any point. The cobra hung in and then the evo pulled away.

All 3 cars are awesome no question about it. Evo's make power extremely easy just like the cobra.

For the record, the EVO weighs 3263, not 3400.

EVO has the weight advantage, he was running 33 PSI. Dynoed at 601 WHP at 30 PSI. So he was running more than 600 WHP. Cobra wasn't shifting the fastest either.

No one's lying about numbers. Weight advantage with a little more HP, it was obvious who would win.

How could a coupe SVT possibily weigh 3700 pounds? My convertable weighs in at 3430 pounds with 3/4 tank of gas and a 100% complete interior.

Believe it. smile.gif And, that's just the coupes. The convertible 03/04 Cobras start to push two tons. :eek:

I really don't think traction is an issue in these vids. I didn't see either mustang get loose.

Yeah, I didn't see it either. However, and, again, I'm just basing this on my own experience, just because you can't see the car get loose doesn't mean it's not losing traction. Watch any of the later vids of my Cobra - when I was spraying - and you wouldn't ever see me get "loose," but, I can assure you, from a 40 roll in first gear, my car would not get immediate traction. smile.gif

Again, though, I think the gist of it is: Doesn't really matter - that EVO would have walked either of those Cobras irrespective of traction issues, shifting skill, or aerodynamic advantage.

Who wants to take bets on which of these three motors lasts longer?

I know which EVO it isn't.

High PSI makes for great short sprints, and that EVO hauled ass.

But take all three cars and run em around a track for 12 hours in the config they were in that vid and one car is going home on a flatbed.

Moderate boost + cubes > high boost

Originally posted by Volvolution:

i cant reember... its a good song though. They play it on 99.7 all the time.

The begining is "I keep changing, but you will never see me now...."

"I've been changing, but you'll never see me now."

Crossfade - So Far Away

One of my favorite songs out right now, same band that sings "Cold", which I haven't met a person yet who didn't like that song. Good band.

Someone is lying about their dyno numbers. A 600 whp car doesn't walk away from another 600whp car like that.

It can if it makes peak 600hp @ 5,000 rpm, yet the the other makes peak 600hp 7,000 rpm.

I wonder if he's running 280 something cams, that car has lots of top end, and can sustain 30+psi. The beauty of duration.

If someone can sang dynos of a KB Cobra, it would be fun to compare then to this high powered evolution.

Originally posted by Mowgli:

Who wants to take bets on which of these three motors lasts longer?

I know which EVO it isn't.

High PSI makes for great short sprints, and that EVO hauled ass.

But take all three cars and run em around a track for 12 hours in the config they were in that vid and one car is going home on a flatbed.

Moderate boost + cubes > high boost

High duration cam + high boost = moderate boost. If the engine can take it, it will take it. Both engines are built strong from the factory. I think the Evo, with the stroker kit, is running the best money can buy. I'd wager an 03/04 fuel system problem eating it's motor before the Evo takes a dump. Then again, I'm not that much into the 4G type motors, never heard of one being stroked before this video!

never heard of one being stroked before this video!
Ive been a 4 banger buff for a while... youd be surprised what kinda of engines people stroke nowadays... ever heard of a 3.0L 4 banger???? Theyre out there my friend... making everybit of 500 and 600bhp.

Originally posted by Vargargargon:

"I've been changing, but you'll never see me now."

Crossfade - So Far Away

One of my favorite songs out right now, same band that sings "Cold", which I haven't met a person yet who didn't like that song. Good band.

You should also try 'No Giving Up' by them too. That song is awesome as well.

Originally posted by ScoobySnack:

Turbo lag....

I don't think either car wasn't making power at any point. The cobra hung in and then the evo pulled away.

All 3 cars are awesome no question about it. Evo's make power extremely easy just like the cobra.

That comment was geared towards the Evo. The Cobra has the disadvantge with it's power adder.

Off the top of my head, the biggest one I can think of is the area for cooling. The core under the KB is way smaller than the size of the core on the Evo, running engine coolant through the core is acceptable, but, it would need to have a cold can mounted in the trunk filled with ice to make the air/water IC worth while (do KB setups do this?). Then add heat soak into the element...add parasitic loss, which is exponential to shaft speed of the blower, yadda yadda yadda. It would be nice to see an 03/04 SVT Cobra turboed..I think I've seen a video of one not to long ago, extreme fords? It made a KB car look like it was stock.

Like mentioned before, if the guys making more boost, hes gotta be making more power, otherwise he probably woulda stayed at 30psi.

Less Weight + More Power + Curve + No parasitic loss - Co of Drag = later cobra

[ 29. April 2005, 09:01 AM: Message edited by: GTWEEE ]

Two engines, one at 15psi, one at 30psi. The 30psi engine dies first.

That EVO blows up before either of those Cobras. I've seen endurance tests of stock Cobra motors track run hard 24 hours at 10-20psi and came out looking pristine. Never seen the same out of a 30-40psi street anything.

Yeah I agree that EVO owner has cracked open its block and is probably running some very high dollar aftermarket internals like you say - but my money is still on it grenading first.

At 600 hp the Cobras are definitely running aftermarket fuel systems (or they're idiots) - but for all the ones I know people buy at that power level the fuel flow is nothing to them, nowhere near full cycle.

You beleive one thing I beleive another. Sounds like a typical hypothetical bet neither of us can collect on. smile.gif

Originally posted by Mowgli:

Two engines, one at 15psi, one at 30psi. The 30psi engine dies first.

That EVO blows up before either of those Cobras. I've seen endurance tests of stock Cobra motors track run hard 24 hours at 10-20psi and came out looking pristine. Never seen the same out of a 30-40psi street anything.

Yeah I agree that EVO owner has cracked open its block and is probably running some very high dollar aftermarket internals like you say - but my money is still on it grenading first.

At 600 hp the Cobras are definitely running aftermarket fuel systems (or they're idiots) - but for all the ones I know people buy at that power level the fuel flow is nothing to them, nowhere near full cycle.

You beleive one thing I beleive another. Sounds like a typical hypothetical bet neither of us can collect on. smile.gif

I'm just throwing guesstimate's out. Its friday and I'm not doin shit. One thing that gets people is that 30psi with a 282 cam is like 15psi because that intake valve is closing so late o0n the compression stroke. The Cobra "terminator"? blocks are strong as hell, I'll give you my signature on that, but did those motors have a KB on top of them? I don't know the duratoion of the cams off hand for an 03/04, but I imagine its mild duration.

I was looking at some turbo kits for 03/04s and they were able to shell out something crazy like 800hp,800 ft-lbs..just crazy.

I'd always taked cubes, don't get me wrong. You can just do more with more cubes, as they say. I think the 03/04 Terminator block is a perfect answer from Ford to the world horsepower race. Built, Boosted, and Bulletproof.

Originally posted by GTWEEE:

Then again, I'm not that much into the 4G type motors, never heard of one being stroked before this video!

A friend of mine from school has a stroked 1G Talon and I've post the dyno sheet here before. The swap uses the crank out of an Eagle Summit (i think...what ever that tiny mini-van looking thing was called) Would you beleive they put a forged crank in that thing?

Originally posted by Mallard:

A friend of mine from school has a stroked 1G Talon and I've post the dyno sheet here before. The swap uses the crank out of an Eagle Summit (i think...what ever that tiny mini-van looking thing was called) Would you beleive they put a forged crank in that thing?

my parents have two, an lime green 5 spde FWD one and a red 5 spd AWD one.

awd launches rock, lmao