03 Cobra v. S/C Firebird v. 03 Cobra / TT 300Z

Dr. Pomade

First run was between two 03 Cobras and the S/C Firebird. The rest of the runs are between an 03 Cobra, the S/C Firebird, and a TT 300Z.

The video was made and edited by Gatzer, whose out of Dayton. He's allowed me to post the video here, but asks that you right click and save.

http://knightsofspeed.com/RCCRRACES.wmv

[ 27. September 2004, 02:12 PM: Message edited by: Venomss ]

Originally posted by Republicant:

I bet you guys loved that cavalier that was right on your asses....

I didn't see a cavalier in the video. However, that Camaro was doing a great job of cockblocking the camera car.

Originally posted by 98.9% stock:

Yeah, BIG PAPA seems to thinks my traction issues are because I can't drive and am slow, or at least that's what he seems to be inferring.

Where/when was this said? What am I missing?

Originally posted by Venomss:

Oh, gotcha. Two questions, though:

1) When did you join RC?

2) And how do you know he's not talking about me or Brett?

1) Who said I joined? Ricky still has me banned and it's worthless arguing with him. I can get info when needed.

2) You nor him seem like a you were "slower than the other cars". I looked like I got tromped on because I let out after every start since I broke loose. Kinda stupid to keep it WOT when you're risking a lot at those speeds, dontcha think?

quote:Originally posted by BIG PAPA on RC:

I noticed a car that has two problems. Poor driving and is slower than the other cars [LMAO]

Which part do you disagree with?

Why's my traction problems your concern? It's not like you have something to brag about anyways.

1.)I didn't say that i did.

2.)It was not a personal attack posted in malice. So sorry if you felt that it was.

3.)Your comment above is no better as far as being nice. Mine at least had a smiley. tongue.gif

4.)Don't get you panties in a bunch it's just a web forum.

5.)I am still curious if you disagree with the original statement.

No, even though the circumstances kinda sucked, I lost. I gave congrats to John and Kevin already, they well deserve it.

Unfortunately, it seems my car is starting to lean more towards a dig setup for racing. But that's what I get for building a drag car, even if it maintains streetability.

Norwalk is in a month, so we move on. Sorry to jump your shit smile.gif

I don't get it. You build a car for drag - yet have traction issues from a roll. A drag car runs on drag tires, and races from a dig. If you are having traction issues from a roll, I'm sure you would have a worse time from a dig.

I had always thought the cars that race from a roll had a better chance because of poor suspension issues.

Not trying to bust anyones balls here. But, poor driving, and a slower car are to blame. Don't take it personal, as driving only gets better with expierence - and this is the first time you have been WOT since your new fuel system and tune. Get some more "street" time behind the wheel. Its alot different than the track.

As for the slower car part - time and money is all you need. Both mustangs and the nissan were 6 speed cars vs your automatic - you should know better than to call them out from a roll. automatic cars were meant for dig races, manuals for roll racing.

You'll learn with expierence, young grasshopper.

Drag cars are built for dragging, but MOST people don't drive slicks on public streets. Drag cars are gonna have terrible street traction, dig or roll because they're on street tires. This is why you'll notice Anthony referring to Norwalk as a time to race him because he won't experience those same problems.

It's nearly impossible to have poor driving in an automatic, and his car isn't slower than mine. He's trapped just as high as I have in the 1/4 with traction. Traction and ONLY traction was the reason he wasn't keeping up with me at least. John's Cobra, depending on spray usage, will beat us both.

Anthony knows all about time and money into vehicles. He didn't "call us out", it was a mutual agreement to race. Type of transmission has nothing to do with what your car is better at. I had a 2001 Cobra that was 10x better from a dig than from a roll - at the track. Launching at 6000rpms is quite a thrill, you might wanna try it sometime before you talk about the differences between drag cars, street cars, drag racing and roll racing. Thanks.

Originally posted by B1ackout:

Drag cars are built for dragging, but MOST people don't drive slicks on public streets. Drag cars are gonna have terrible street traction, dig or roll because they're on street tires. This is why you'll notice Anthony referring to Norwalk as a time to race him because he won't experience those same problems.

It's nearly impossible to have poor driving in an automatic, and his car isn't slower than mine. He's trapped just as high as I have in the 1/4 with traction. Traction and ONLY traction was the reason he wasn't keeping up with me at least. John's Cobra, depending on spray usage, will beat us both.

Anthony knows all about time and money into vehicles. He didn't "call us out", it was a mutual agreement to race. Type of transmission has nothing to do with what your car is better at. I had a 2001 Cobra that was 10x better from a dig than from a roll - at the track. Launching at 6000rpms is quite a thrill, you might wanna try it sometime before you talk about the differences between drag cars, street cars, drag racing and roll racing. Thanks.

the first paragraph could have been avoided if you knew that Anthony's "sticky" tires are DR's not slicks smile.gif

Kevin - you don't have a clue about how you just owned yourself in that reply.

I talked about suspension issues - in roll vs dig races. Your 03 has IRS, and the 01 of your brothers had a solid axle. So, of course, it would be better from a dig. Thats common sense.

Transmission has alot more to do with driving than you think. Yor statement shows your knowledge.

As for being nearly impossible to fuck up an automatic - I agree, but it does happen when you manually shift and find neutral instead of drive.

One last thing - MPH is all about horsepower. ET is all about driver handling his/her car from the start. Traction plays the biggest issue. A 12.00 car will go 115 mph with a 1.6 60', and a 11.50 car will go 12.00 @ 120 mph with a 1.9 60'. Go to the track and learn something.

Originally posted by Nick GT:

I talked about suspension issues - in roll vs dig races. Your 03 has IRS, and the 01 of your brothers had a solid axle. So, of course, it would be better from a dig. Thats common sense.

every cobra after 1999 has IRS :( including 01.

I'll settle this argument right now.

14psi 275/50/15 BFG DRs on a prepped Norwalk track launching with a 3500 stall > 30psi 255/50/16 BFG Comp TAs on a cold highway from a roll

Considering I pulled 118.5 traps with me driving last year before the latest upgrades, I'd say I had a pretty fair chance at holding my own if I'd kept in it and not lost traction. But who gives a fuck, it's over and done with. I dealt with it.

Originally posted by Nick GT:

Transmission has alot more to do with driving than you think. Yor statement shows your knowledge.

As for being nearly impossible to fuck up an automatic - I agree, but it does happen when you manually shift and find neutral instead of drive.

One last thing - MPH is all about horsepower. ET is all about driver handling his/her car from the start. Traction plays the biggest issue. A 12.00 car will go 115 mph with a 1.6 60', and a 11.50 car will go 12.00 @ 120 mph with a 1.9 60'. Go to the track and learn something.

1. Had I been paying attention, I would've realized who you were and would have left off my last sentence.

2. I didn't come close to "owning" myself. I referred to nothing about rear-ends and suspensions. But anyways, a solid axle vs. an IRS has absolutely NO bearing in a roll race. And the only reason it means anything in a dig is because IRS suspensions are prone to experience wheelhop. Plus, a manual transmission car launching at 5500rpms vs. an automatic launching at 3500rpms is going to win everytime, providing similar power/weight ratios. Automatics are usually "drag cars" because they're more consistent and easier to control at higher power levels.

3. I seriously doubt Anthony went into neutral in any of those runs.

4. Anthony has more hp and torque than I do and slightly less weight, so for all intense purposes, he should've beat me in that first run. He didn't because he had no traction. You can clearly see his back end swing out. That's not a transmission issue or poor driving, just simply poor traction.

5. I've been to the track quite enough in both of my Cobras, both from different perspectives. The '01 bested a 12.63@108 with a 1.7 60', while my '03 bested a 12.04@118 with a 1.9 60'. There is no discrepancy between strip numbers involving slicks and street tires. That's all science and math.

Quite simply, with adequate traction, Anthony's car would beat mine from a roll and probably John's too if he didn't spray. Brett, on the other hand, I have no idea how fast he is, but he looked pretty damn quick.