Local Florida video: EVO vs Z06

Jeffrey

Just call a spade a spade. The evo is fn quick and making that much power with half the motor is freakin cool. The camaro had a friggin 412ci motor with a 300 shot(which i'd gladly drive for him any time), i'd hope it would win. I bet the evo drove his car home though smile.gif

Check out the Street vid's section of their website for all the vids.

http://www.srvidz.com/downloads.html

Originally posted by Mr Blunt 2gnt:

Just call a spade a spade. The evo is fn quick and making that much power with half the motor is freakin cool. The camaro had a friggin 412ci motor with a 300 shot(which i'd gladly drive for him any time), i'd hope it would win. I bet the evo drove his car home though smile.gif

Check out the Street vid's section of their website for all the vids.

http://www.srvidz.com/downloads.html

Don't get me wrong the EVO is bad but what's the big deal?

It has a TURBO the size of your head on it and SPRAY. Just because the camaro has more cubes and spray means it's unfair? It's street racing, nothing is for sure or as it seems! graemlins/jerkit.gif

BABB,

Were you stationed at WPAFB or are you from this area? Just wondering how you found this forum and are stationed at Eglin? Send me a PM if you want, just curious about the area. I am trying to get a Command Level down to Eglin.

What's the street scene like and any 1/4-mile tracks close? Anything you could tell me about the locals would be great.

Thanks,

Josh

No I am orginally from Columbus prior to my Air Force career. I am good friends with alot of people on this site and it's a good way to keep in contact with them, and I am one of the original member's (see member number). Eglin is a nice area to visit, and live if you are into lots of heat and humidity. Alot of beaches are really close and Destin, which is a very nice and rich area, is only about 10-15 minutes away. You also have Pensacola about 1 hour away and Panama City about 1.5 hours away. The street scene is pretty strong for being a fairly small area. There are some local boards like CR, based out of Pensacola called RacingPensacola.com.

I must say there are alot of "big dogs" down here when it comes to cars, as you may have seen from the Evo Vs Z06 and the other vids. The only local track is a 1/8th mile but it is currently being converted to a 1/4 mile I am not sure when it will be done but it should be soon. Track prep has been a big problem and some say makes for dangerous conditions, even the track manager wrecked his Corvette due to loosing control.

Any more info just feel free to ask.

BABB,

Thanks for the info. I am even more ready to go knowing the local 1/8 is going 1/4. That was the only thing I didn't like was finding a 1/4-mile track. Gainsville, Brandenton, etc. are several hours away so that is good news.

Nice to hear the street scene is strong because I love the local area! If everything works out, I'll give you a shout if we get down there. Are you getting a follow on back to Eglin from Korea or do you have something else in mind?

Josh