Fast E55

Guest Ponyfreak

Originally posted by The Stig:

And be slower, less comfortable, and unable to use it for anything else? I'd much rather have the Benze, it'd make the plains states fly on by. ;)

You are smoking some bad crack if you think that car in the video is stock.

Compared stock for stock, the new Z06 (besides being about 10k cheaper when fully loaded) will most definately outhandle, outbrake, out accelerate that car, period.

I don't think Eric questioned that, Joe. What Eric meant, I believe, was that you can get most of the performance, and much more comfort and utility out of the Benz. The Z06 is nice, but if you had the money to throw around, the Benz would make a preferrable daily. That was the same mentality I had when I bought my Lincoln, and I'm sure it was the same when Eric bought his T-Bird (Which isn't bad if you're poor tongue.gif ). Some people may not agree with the mentality it takes to appreciate the Benz more, but that's where our CR diversity comes in. ;)

FWIW, the Benz is mostly stock.

The stock AMG hits the 1/4 in 12.4 compared to the 2006 Z06's 11.9, and I would imagine handling and braking to be similar as well. the Z06 has slightly more HP than the Benz, and WAY less torque. The powerband on the MB is superior as well, thanks to the roots blower.

Give me the Benz. ;)

Thats just what I need.Some of us need the backseat when you have kids.I went through the 2 seater phase with kids,it sucks when you leave the car in the garage.And no sometimes you can't leave the kids home.

Guest Ponyfreak

Ok I got the mods list from the owner.

Mods include:

Kleemann Stage 2 (Headers, Pulley, ECU, K&N Air Filters)

Kleemann LSD

BF DR's on the record run but have now switched to MT SR's on CCW 16" in the hopes of reducing my 60' time.

65 shot

So basically more boost, better flowing exhaust/intake, probably some tuning involved, DR's, and some spray.

No one has really taken a new Z06 to the track like this car has. There have been multiple 02-04 Z06's that have been in the high 11's, so saying the 06 runs 11.9's......no.

Maybe it is just me, but I'm not a big fan of driving an 80k+ car as a daily driver. If my budget allowed such things, I'd surely have another car to be my fast car. If you can afford that for your daily, you most definately can afford another car to build up, so IMO it's not really all that great of a point.

Braking wise, the Benz and Z06 have fairly similar sized brakes. But the Z06 is almost 1000lbs LIGHTER and has significantly wider tires front and rear, and a good weight distribution. I'll let anyone with some common sense take a guess which car should have some significantly better braking numbers.

We can allows that same thought process on handling; 1000lbs and far wider tires alone (245/265 vs. 275/325 widths respectively) is quite an advantage too without ever looking at anything else.

And I'd think Eric of all people would be bowing down to Z06 in comparison simply because it comes w/ a dry-sump oiling setup stock and a manual tranny.

I'll take the Z06 w/ a cam swap (which I guarantee will be far cheaper than the headers on that Benz), MT DR's, and a safe 200-250 shot. smile.gif Have less money in mods than that Benz, the car + mods would still be significantly cheaper than that Benz's base price, and the outcome would not exactly be equal. tongue.gif