Turbo T/A Vs. Big Turbo Supra

Originally posted by AustinL911:

IIRC, he has about 750hp compared to the Supra's 600.

That is NOT a big turbo Supra, contrary to the title of this thread. Not to say that 600hp in a Supra still doesn't make for a stupid fast ride. It's just doesn't take a 'big' turbo, in terms of a Supra, to make that kind of power.

Cool vids.

As I understand it the supra was running a 61, and meth, just wasnt tuned right. Maybe I read it wrong.

Wouldn't have mattered, the TA brought more that day. Sounds like they're all in the same group of friends. Also heard there's a 900+hp Cobra running around that area of Chi-town that now wants to play. Probably have to wait til spring. The Cobra Supra race was from last spring, btw.

Originally posted by Mowgli:

As I understand it the supra was running a 61, and meth, just wasnt tuned right. Maybe I read it wrong.

I'm not super versed in what Supras can do, but I think 600whp out of that on pump gas would be very decent. AFAIK, you get much past that on power and you have to use race gas, just simple physics. Although the methanol will do (part of) the same thing, but I don't know how much farther you can push it, in general, by injecting methanol.

I want to think that the methanol itself doesn't raise the overall octane that much, and doesn't do nearly as much as race gas would (or just putting some toluene/zylene (sp?) in your gas).

Guest doggunracing
Originally posted by Ponyfreak.:

I gurantee a supra does not make 600 on pump gas alone. Spray and pump gas perhaps.

The first time the car hit the dyno with the new setup on pump gas at 18/19lbs it made 618whp. This was on 91 Octane gas.

http://www.to4r.com/member.php?show=brett.todd

turbo: PTE76GTS, no nitrous, stock shortblock.

nice videos!! All 3 are definately nice cars. Those who said thats not a large turbo for supras is correct, and it doesnt take that large of a turbo to make 600hp. I dont think I could count how many 550-650hp supras were at the Texas 2004 meet when I went. There were more of those then BPU cars, if you can believe that!

• 1 month later...
Guest 19sevenT2
The sounds of those motors are crazy, you cant beat the superchargers. Sweet video all the same, that Ws6 was fast ass hell to bad he let of at the end, i wish i could see him leave the supra a little more.