'08 Rolling Thunder

troyec001

A few riders and myself just got back from Rolling Thunder in Washington DC this weekend. We had a beautiful ride there and back. If anyone gets the chance to run route 50 south of Morgantown, WV off of 79 do it. That's a great ride. Just make sure you don't have to pee 10 miles into the ride like I did. Makes those hills rough.

Still waiting on the pictures of the parade itself but when I get them I'll make sure I post them. We were in the first parking lot of 3. We waited 2 hours before we even thought about starting our bikes up. We got to find some shade and sat and played some cards while we waited. We were lucky enough to pick a spot with a full dress Harley behind us who had a great mix of music.

The parade itself wasn't bad. We did the Yellow Ribbon ride in the morning and had cars trying to merge into the line of bikes. That wasn't fun but other than that it was a good parade. Rolling Thunder itself was great. Everyone was out in DC for it. Made me feel really good to see that many people out supporting the riders and their country.

Now I have to try to get my head to stop vibrating and return to my daily life.