this would be nice

John

That would be Awesome....until some pedestrian decided he could walk there, and the gets pissed because there's a bike in the way, and then sues because bikes are getting preferential treatment, thereby outlawing bikes.....oops....carried my rant too far......

So many lawyers, not enough bullets!

This would be nice but I agree with gsxrnurse. I don't think people are thoughtful enough of motorcycles to not cause a problem here. I see people inching up into the box, or not letting bikes get up to the box. Whatever they can do to be one car in front of where they are.

yeah i thought about that too... i figure, if they make the fine for encroachment on the box something like 700 dollars, and actively enforce it, cagers would probably get the idea pretty quick :)

europeans respect motorcycles more because there are so many more of tehm on the road.

As gas prices increase to $6/gallon, you'll see more bikes on the road and fewer cars. Even the people who don't ride will likely have a husband/son/daughter/wife who does.

By default, they'll be more respectful of bikes.

It'll take 20 years or more, but it'll happen.

They just need to make more snowable bikes and then Ohio will see the influx.

I dunno about that. I figure that by the time gas is so expensive that the typical American driver puts down the cell phone and breakfast burrito and gets on a bike or scooter, we Ohio's climate will be similar to that of Nevada.