a thing of beuty

Science Abuse

Jaguar V12... thats sexy smile.gif

You know what gets on my nerves... people who say "Jag-wire" instead of its proper pronounciation, "Jag-you-were"

Or "Moe-dee-nuh" instead of "Mode-in-uh"

oh and heres the worst one.. i heard a customer say this one the other day... "May-Back" instead of "My-bock". I just wanted to throw a 2 liter at him graemlins/wtf.gif

Originally posted by Volvolution:

people who say "Jag-wire" instead of its proper pronounciation, "Jag-you-were"

you mean "Jag-you-wahr", in the queens english.

And Modena is pronounced "Modena"

No one knows how to pronounce these things because no one hears them pronounced properly. Joe American has no intrest in being worldly.

Hell, they can't spell or pronounce "Tall-ee-dega" or "Day'toner", and those are places they actualy care about.

Originally posted by Volvolution:

Jaguar V12... thats sexy smile.gif

You know what gets on my nerves... people who say "Jag-wire" instead of its proper pronounciation, "Jag-you-were"

Or "Moe-dee-nuh" instead of "Mode-in-uh"

oh and heres the worst one.. i heard a customer say this one the other day... "May-Back" instead of "My-bock". I just wanted to throw a 2 liter at him graemlins/wtf.gif

I get really steemed when people say "Patado." GOD, It's Potato idiots! And don't even get me started on Tomado.

Don't ever come down south if you are bothered by mispronounced words. I think that is what makes this place great though. You can usually tell what part of the country someone is from just by the way they pronounce words.