'08 Busa shuts off at 160? Dealers told to send them back?

NinjaNick

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have a source. Another site I'm on a guy with a turbo busa posted it. So he's not trying to stir shit because he actually owns a busa.

I just was curious if any guys here have heard anything.:dunno:

I guess it's an problem to where it thinks it's hitting the limiter at 160 indicated.

Looks like there is something going on though from what SlowBusa just posted.:eek:

Some '08 owner on another board said it was just being sent back because "ignition switch wire needs to be rerouted."

I got an email back from our Suzuki rep and this ^ is (mostly) accurate. The wires need to be inspected, then possibly rerouted. The recall bulletin has not even been sent out yet so as of now it's not really "official"

Fuck, I just got the damn recall. :nono:

"the ignition switch lead wire may be improperly routed resulting in a loss of electrical power and stalling of the engine."

I wouldn't actually care except another member of this board is supposed to pick up his 08 busa from us today...

hey, at least their doing something about it. I'm still waiting on Cowie to recall the 14 due to it's de-fucking-ugly-tive front end. everytime I pass one it causes me to puke in my helmet and pull over and clean it out :D

hey, at least their doing something about it. I'm still waiting on Cowie to recall the 14 due to it's de-fucking-ugly-tive front end. everytime I pass one it causes me to puke in my helmet and pull over and clean it out :D

Thats fucking great!! :lol: Although I'm sure someone here won't think so... :beating:

I like the hump, it's stylin, plus it gives me lots of room to store shit! and, you would know this since your on a Cowie, It keeps my ass from sliding off the bike when you nail it! :p

I like the cyclops headlight, It's a motorcycle, you want two head lights, get a car. Sorry mang, I just can't get over the snake looking, hole in the head front end, and the Ferrari gills on the side kill me too. they look like their from the 80's... along with that GIANT ass 1 piece seat.