wtb handgun.. no revolvers

Rustlestiltskin

just as it says, goin to be interested soon in getting one for target shooting purposes and was wondering if anybody has one or will have one up for sale soon.. i preferably am wanting a 9mm of some sort. no revolvers.. might consider a .45 semiauto also. so shoot me any replies and i'll let u know if i'll be interested soon. Thanks

-Paul

DO NOT buy a hi-point. Those are one-time use guns, i.e. you whack someone and toss it in a river.

Past that, there are a lot of good brands out there. Everyone has a brand preference, but a lot of them are just as good as the other. New is probably the best way to go, as new guns can be had relatively cheap. Look for a Ruger, Glock, Colt, Kimber, Sig Sauer, Smith and Wesson, Remington.

I would like to get some info on Llama's and Mouser, as they seem to be priced very well, but I don't really know anyone that's used them.

yea, i've done some research on some pistols i've been wanting to look at. i've already heard and seen highpoint pistols and you're completely right about what you said about them. they def. have to be one of the cheapest guns out. in my case i'm goin for quality not quantity

Check out

www.glocktalk.com

www.smith-wessonforum.com

www.hkpro.com

After that being said, Vance's has new S&W Sigma 9mm (SW9VE) on sale for 279, and 17rd used mags for 10. This is a great target gun and a great price. Don't listen to the old news about the old models of these guns, the new ones are very reliable. If you want to shoot one first let me know. I really suggest you rent and shoot whatever gun you are looking into.

Tom

Guest 10secondMouse
If you are serious I currently am selling 2 guns. The first is a Taurus model 945 .45 acp, it has one 9 shot clip and a soft case that comes with it, I bought this gun one year ago from Vance's and paid 485.00 + tax. The second is a Browning Buckmark camper edition with the bull barrel in .22 caliber. It has 2 clips, plastic storage case and trigger lock, I bought it 2 years ago from Buckeye outdoors. The .45 is more of a home defense gun, the.22 is more for target shooting and plinking. If you are serious I have a local ATF phone number that you can call and verify the guns are clean. If serious e-mail me , Ynvdom@yahoo.com

I got a glock a few months ago and love it. I really recommend it, except I kind of didn't look at that many guns at the time. I'm already looking to buy another but the glock is really nice.

Originally posted by copperhead:

DO NOT buy a hi-point. Those are one-time use guns, i.e. you whack someone and toss it in a river.

Past that, there are a lot of good brands out there. Everyone has a brand preference, but a lot of them are just as good as the other. New is probably the best way to go, as new guns can be had relatively cheap. Look for a Ruger, Glock, Colt, Kimber, Sig Sauer, Smith and Wesson, Remington.

I would like to get some info on Llama's and Mouser, as they seem to be priced very well, but I don't really know anyone that's used them.

Aye... I am glad somenoe bought this up. I work at the New Albany Shooting Range. You definitely do NOT want a High Point. I had one burst the barrel, first shot out of the box. Standard 115 GR American Eagle target ammo. Luckily, I was not hurt. I know others who have not been as fortunate. You can find some decent deals, but remember one thing holds true: Price equates quality in guns. I would be extremely weary of super cheap .45 ACPs, too.

Greg

Also, plenty of people will make suggestions as to what you should buy, and what not. In all reality, you MUST shoot what you buy before you buy it. You may love the feel of a gun (which is important) but shoot bad with it. Look for a range, like the one I work at, that allows you to rent a pistol before you shoot it to see how you do it with.

I shoot a hi point never hand any trouble over a 1000 rounds through it with no jams. it has its downfalls like a short barrel and no external hammer but I had no trouble shooting decent groups at 25 30 yards like I said in the other thread try a few out before you by and pick the one you like the best

Originally posted by CJINOHIO03:

the c is compensated but what does that mean actually?

It means the dealer can charge you an extra 100 bucks for something you don't need. It puts two holes in the top of the barrel above the light rail. It is to help recoil, and aim between shots. You only need it if you don't like to aim or you like to shot really fast without hitting anything. Shot a G17 and G17C, then give the same guns to your Grandma, she won't tell the difference.

Tom

"C" means the barrel is ported. Porting is the "holes" in the end of the barrel on the models designated "C". Some people who shoot competitively find this helps with recoil or a follow-up shot. However, in a gun battle, it's going to do you no good. Muzzle flash in your eyes is not kewl at all. Especially if it's dark outside, you can be temporarily blinded. I am sure you can figure out why this is not a good thing. Basically, it "ports" the gasses which would normally come out of the front of the barrel upward, right in your line of sight. If it's not a carry gun, I wouldn't really fret it. Most potential gun battles (which would happen in a CCW situation,) are are going to occur at night--under low-light situations. (From my understanding 70%)....another GREAT reason for night sights... Hope this helps....

Greg