Powerdyne Supercharger

initzero

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone on here knew the difference between the 86-93 and the 94-95 Powerdyne supercharger kit.

I was wonder why the 86-93 costs $500 less.

I heard the only differnce is the elbow piece on the trottle body.

You guys have any ideas?

I'm new to the mustang world, so I don't know whats good and whats bad.

I was also looking at the trick flow kit from summit racing. The kit includes heads, cam upper and lower intake.

Not sure what I want to do yet.

Powerdynes are cheaper than other supercharger kits for a reason. They are good for stock applications making low boost. Come time to bump up the power, they are worthless. Ask Nick why his GT no longer sports a Powerdyne, and the numerous belts he had to replace on it (car came w/ it....he knew better than to actually waste money on one).

You save a little $$ up front, but loose all of that savings and then some in the long run. This applies for sure to the Mustang and F-body world, and I'm sure most other makes they build superchargers for. Too many other good kits out there from quality builders to waste your time w/ a Powerdyne.

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

Powerdynes are cheaper than other supercharger kits for a reason. They are good for stock applications making low boost. Come time to bump up the power, they are worthless. Ask Nick why his GT no longer sports a Powerdyne, and the numerous belts he had to replace on it (car came w/ it....he knew better than to actually waste money on one).

You save a little $$ up front, but loose all of that savings and then some in the long run. This applies for sure to the Mustang and F-body world, and I'm sure most other makes they build superchargers for. Too many other good kits out there from quality builders to waste your time w/ a Powerdyne.

werd. go to superchargersonline.com and go to forums, it has areas for each brand, just take a look through them, by FAR the most complaint threads come out of the powerdyne area.