1995 3.8 to 5.0 Swap

thorne

Hey. I got a 1995 Stang it was Mildy Modded and well the head gasket blew and subsquently caused me to throw a rod . I bought a 1990 Mustang GT with a T5 and 5.0 Was wondering if there are any thing ishould be conerned about with the swap. Unfortanly The other stang is wrecked but i can gut everything out.

Also Suggestions on upgrades for it

Cam's Trick flow heads Only things i really know of.

The 5.0 stangs had better brakes, suspension, and rear end setups. You will have to have a custom exhaust. The computer will have to be re-routed, and you may have to cut into wiring harnesses.

Let me know if you just want to be rid of the Mustang. I may pick it up if you wanted to sell it.

I would just fix the 90 but my 1995 I still owe on. and owe a lot long story. But yeah Repairing it is my ultimate goal. The 90 looked kinda smashed in the rear. and i only got the driveline from it.

Engine / Tranny / Rear Gear

I don't see why it would be that difficult if you have a donor car. Just swap the computer and wiring harnesses along with the engine to the 95. You'll have to get an input shaft for the tranny from a 95 because the lengths are different from a fox car. Other then that get exhaust for a 95 and you should be fine.

use the brakes off ur rearend and axles and put them into the 8.8 rear from the fox. u might want to get different springs for the front.

and eli the 5.0's didn't have better brakes than a '95. gt and v-6 brakes were the same and both are greater than a 5.0

hopefully u got the complete motor, accessories, sensors and all that shit