Attn LS? engine guys

Guest racinbird

Guest racinbird
Im about done with my cam swap. Before I pay somesone for a dyno-tune I wanted to see if anyone wanted to go halves on buying a LS? edit or HPtuners program. I have access to a couple laptops that should work fine, but most of these programs allow two VINs to be locked in. So anyone want in and tune our selves?

I don't want in on the deal since I don't have an F-body anymore. But, I figured I'd throw in my $.02

1. You might talk to Bill Wright of COFBA.org for tuning. I hear he's getting pretty good now.

2. Avoid LS1 edit. HPtuners and EFIlive FlashScan are leaps and bounds above LS1 edit now.

Just my little tidbit of info for the day.

Guest racinbird

Bill is good at tuning, he already turned off my CAGS and EGR data, I will be going to him if I don't do it myself. I just liked the idea of having my own equipment and learning to do it. I have done a mild cam swap as of now, but will continue to mod the car as time goes. I don't want to keep going to him and paying him everytime I do anything.

Also I havent decided what program to buy, I still need to do some research on that issue.

Originally posted by Dr. Z06:

I may be interested. PM me with your thoughts on this.

Don't hold me to this, but I don't think you can mix the Y-body and F-body programs. I could be wrong.

I will tell you though, that I will be purchasing a programming software for my car as soon as V2.0 of HPtuners is released. After that happens, I'll make my decision on whether to go with HPT or EFI Live. If you don't have any programming software by then, I might be looking for another person to go in on the purchase with me. I'll let you know when the time comes.

Guest racinbird
Originally posted by Dr. Z06:

I may be interested. PM me with your thoughts on this.

PM sent

I did a quick look over on HP tuners and EFI live, they both allow 2 choices, dosent matter what they are.