A day in the dirt...

fusion

Well it was for the 12 year old anyway. He got to go out and ride his bike for the first time today. Took him down to New Vienna Motorsports which is only an easy 45 mins away from us. It was a good time and he learned a lot. He had a hard time learning on the intermediate track with everything so loose and clumpy early in the day so we eventually moved to the beginners track.

Here's also a link to some random photos I took the last 20 mins or so we were there just hanging out watching others ride: http://Jeremi.smugmug.com/gallery/5074392_JvN8u/1/305491005_kqN3N

305454576_sf7bV-X3.jpg

305454653_4yyAr-X3.jpg

305454477_wDgmC-X3.jpg

Yeah he loved it and I'll probably be running him down there the next few weekends in a row so he improves quicker.

We were standing right along the straight where the road is. I was using a short zoom so I didn't have to get too close. I was more worried about the damn quads throwing dirt at the lens.

Looks like he's already got decent form! The next Jeremy Mcgrath??

Yeah he gets some of the details down pretty quick, but he also got real nervous at points. Just one of those things he will shake off after a couple of times out. I think we'll wait until he gets to moving a bit quicker on the track before getting our hopes up though. :)