car overheating

smokin5s

Guest rperry74
Do the fans kick on all the time, when they are supposed to? Could be the temp sender for the fans working intermittently. Could be the motor for the condenser fan is faulty and works when it wants to. Dunno. I would go with t-stat first though.

I'd visually check to see that the fans are running when the temp is high enough. T stat could also be causing fans to not run. depends where the temp switch for the fans are. if there on the engine and the water is hot on the temp switch then the fans should turn on. if its in the radiator and water is not flowing then the fans would not turn on.

Evan

Guest racinbird
Have him see if the fans go from low to high speed, or maybe from just one fan to two when it gets hot. High speed may not be working which is why it only over heats when no air flow is moving through the radiator.

he said only one fan was spinning..

I'm pretty sure that when the A/C is on, the fans are supposed to run regardless of the temp and I was surprised that only one was running, but that might just be how that car is setup.