motor swap in my 96 gt

gt-titan

im getting ready to swap out my 4.6 and put in a 351w Q can i use my t45 tranny with the 351w or do i need a tranny can i just change the bellhousing or is this tranny to new to use with the 351w? i have a t5 off a 5.0 should i use it? and the motor i put in is a carb motor can i just use a fuel press reg or should i switch it all over to a manual system. if you know of anything else i have to change please post it , i know there will be some serprise's but less the better. any help please fill free to post. thanks jeff........

I wouldn't waste your money on a t-5 buy a tremec instead. Also you probably already know but make sure you buy the headers and h-pipe for a 94-95 not an older one. The driveshaft might be different too not sure but something you might want to check on.

good info thanks , ill start with the t5 because i got it off a friend for 50 bucks and it has all new senc's in it i might be looking at a 302 built all new rings ,pistons eagle rods has a burnt valve just not sure what im doing yet.

Geez dude. Are you sure you want to put a 351 in a SN95? It is ALOT of work. The suspension needs changed. The k-member needs changed. The tranny crossmember needs changed. The headers need to be specific 351 headers for a SN95 mustang which are expensive. The oil pan for the 351 needs to be changed out or it won't clear. If you go carburated, you have to change the hood. If you go fuel injected, you have to get a custom chip burned. I wouldn't suggest a 5spd, especially a t5. You'll be burning through clutches and/or trannies regularly. I'd strongly recommend going C4 automatic. I know two people who have put 351s into SN95s. Both of them say they'd never do it again now knowing how much work it really was. Instead of going through all of this work, why not just put in a 4v 4.6L?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33615&item=2473544152&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33615&item=2474027836&rd=1

Then you just need to swap out the computer. These motors drop in. Depends on what you want though...