looking for info on a toyota

ridenred27

it is a gt-s. i was thinking about it for myself. ive heard these are pretty hot on the dirt tracks too. but im not completly sure the complete condition of it but it looks good i need to see under the car. i guess my question is what will and will not swap in and out of these cars. motor trannys. preformance upgrades cost and avalibility (SP)

Guest mudbutt
it is a 4a-ge same as your mr-2. you can bolt in any of the a series engines or build a turbo motor from the stock. the w58 tranny from the mk2 supra will bolt in as an upgrade. The rear end from a mk2 will also work. They can be a very fun car ~2200lbs, rwd, and a decent suspension setup.

Guest jpurdy2003

It will be very reliable, even when moderately modded.

Two fun swaps:

4A-GZE (factory supercharged) graemlins/bubbrubb.gif

3S-GTE (very difficult, but possible)

ok here is an idea ive always loved the 22r will it fit in this car or is it to tall. i usally dont ask such questions but ive never fooled much with the toyota cars(as far as swaps and mods go) thanks for the info so far this is giving me a lot if ideas

yeah the one i was looking at was carb. i thought somthing was odd about that. but there was alot of other crap wrong with it than that. they said they took out the F/I motor and put in the carb motor?

anyway, sounds like you stumbled across a nice car, goodluck.

Guest mudbutt
22r is a good motor, but there are much better options from the toyota stable for that application. You can do stuff to it and make power, but it is better suited as a truck engine. IMO the best route to go is to build the 4age and turbo it. You will have about the same money, same time, and less headache than the 3s swap. Another option is a 7a-fe(1.8) block and 4age head then turboing that....about all w r and g series trannies working....they wont all be a direct bolt in. You can not put a w58 or r154 from a mk3 into a mk2, the shifter locations are different.....the carb'd version was the less desirable sr-5 with a different sohc version of the 4a. I believe this car also lacks Independant rear suspension. If in good shape, the gt-s is a desirable car. Both it and mk2 supra share common rust spots. Look around the gas door and rear quarters. It gets real bad in the rocker area behind the rear wells.

The chevy 350 is actually smaller than my 22RE was. Theres way more room to work now that I have it in my truck. Don't know how much room you would have for a 22R in the car though. The height would probably be the biggest problem. Toyota wasn't kidding when they said it was an over head cam :D