LeBaron 89 shift linakge

McGraw

okay, went to put my buddies shifter in his 89 Labaron into first ... automatic ...

well thats the last gear it will see for now, because the actual linkage came apart from the knob. And it 'seems' bent all to hell but I have no way to reference it ... is this normal???

give me some insight please, thanks guys.

heh yeah but it's a Chrystler...

Mopar anything is something I ask about first, especially since it has me stranded in Lancaster with no resources but you guys, and no tools at all to work with .... fun fun.

its a cable shifter you can use a a cable and shifter from a shadow,sundance,lebaron,daytona, omni to fix it. it sounds like the cable has come apart from the shifter. if you have some one to help you, you can start it up and reach down under the airbox and the put the tranny in drive with your hand to get it home.

hth.

haha fixed it!, thanks guys.

went and got my tools and then pryed the hell out of the prndl switch on the tranny ... just turns out it was wedged.

the linkage to the shifter was bent all to hell and wasn't normal like I thought, and I bent it back and reconnected everything.

Thanks 462