bolts wont come out, installing rear coilovers

Guest nixon

Guest nixon

I'm taking out my rear neuspeed springs to put in eibach coilovers. The main bolt i've heard gets locked in there so i cut ends off and drilled. Except it eats titanium drill bits. I've gone through a lot of drill bits and tryed air tools a hammer to budge this bolt out. It's sooo locked up in their. I don't know what i can do to knock this thing out. If i get it just a little loosened up it would just knock right out..

http://www.acura-integra.com/phpbb2/download.php?id=314http://www.acura-integra.com/phpbb2/files/thumbs/t_desktop_004.jpg

those are gay i was doing a suspension on an integra witha friend and we stripped that fucking nut, dunno what happened the dude had to take it to a shop.

try just getting a punch and hitting it with a serious hammer.

I've found PB blaster great for loosing bolts. Also if it needs turned you can use a large pipe wrench to grip it. It will work even if its totally round. I had a bolt on my toy that the impact wrench rounded off and the pipe wrench saved the day.

heres the easy way. very carefully heat ONLY the bolt with a torch untill its glowing orange then use an air chisle with a punch attachment or a hammer and punch and it will come right out. next time. when you replace the bolt coat it with anti sieze so you don't have problems if it needs to come apart again.

hope this helps

Guest nixon
gas,grass,or,ass do you think if i heated it up pretty well it would loosen it up so i could just unscrew it out on my right side wheel now. I finally did the left side but now I don't know what im going to do with the right.

Guest lustful
yep... you can just buy the little canisters and it will be enough i woudl say. like the ones plumbers use to sweat pipes together.. works in a pinch if you are out of acetylyne or so forth, or if you are at the garage that doesn't have one..