ZEX ???

SiColin

ok so i got everything all wired up and i go to activate my zex kit. i turn on my car but not start it all the way, turn on the switch for the nitrous. On the zex NM the red light comes on without pressing in the button on the NM, i press in the button anyways and push in the accelerater all the way for 10 seconds like it says so in the instructions. i release the pedal and there is suppose to be a light blinking from red to green, but there isnt one. its just red. i checked the switch wiring and its all fine i cant figure out what i did wrong, does anybody have any clue of what i might have done.

if you have a meter flip it to DCvolts and probe the TPS wire to ground(key in ON).when closed the TPS should be close to 0v.when fully open it should be 4.5v-5.0v. thats probably the problem.sounds like you mighta got the wrong wire on the TPS.

gotta stick a meter on it. i did a zex on my old b18c.but i can't remember what color it was...i wanna say it was in the middle of the 3 pin plug.best way to tell is with the meter though.also you can test it pretty easy.when you have everything hooked up.turn the key to on,make sure your arming switch is on,and with your head under the hood rotate the throttle wheel.you should hear an audible"click" from the Zex box.if not...something is wrong.

yeah thanks for all the help, im a dumbass and hook it up to the wrong sensor. i had it mounted on the top sensor and it needed to be mounted to the red and black wire on the sensor on thhe side of the throttle body.

yeah thats what im affraid of, i dont need to start spending all my money on it. im hoping to save up some more money and get started on a turbo setup.

any recommendations on spark plugs to get? I know zex makes some but there alot of money.

Guest lustful

or hensler racing does it too.. pm stolen 5.0. i think they are around 3.67 a pound.. last i heard they were the cheapest. and good support too.!

did i hear someone can do it for 3.50?