stang guys:aftermarket electric fan

armin922

ok, ive had my stang for about 4 months and there i have an aftermarket electric fan.I believe its the black magic flex a lite. But, the guy i bought it off did a ghetto ass wiring job. I disconected everything and wired it all up and i think the fan is connected to a fuse in the fuse box. I have an 89 stang GT and its the #18 fuse. For some reason now, everytime i start the car it keeps poppin fuses left and right and i think the fan is putting out too much power to that circuit and popping the fuse. Its a 15 amp too. Could anyone care to help me or tell me what i should do? This sucks cuz i have a MUSTANG sitting in the garage on nice days. IT SHOULDNT BE IN THE GARAGE!!!!!!! THANKS GUYS

Guest mudbutt
personally I wouldnt run the fan power to the fuse box. I would run a constant power to the battery and a relay to the switched fuse. If the fan is a black magic, it should have a built in relay. If it has the temp sensor, I suggest bypassing that too. Mine would either kick on too late and cause the car to get hot or stay on and drain my battery. Also check the connections on the board. The sodier on mine came loose, causing the fan to lose power and the car to over heat. IMO that is one of the most poorly constructed units out. Ive had better luck with the generic electric fans.