TBI spacers GM

Tractor

Guest nevarmore

There was a recent review of one of these in a Chevy mag. The rough idea is to increase the effective length of the intake path. That should increase intake velocity which will help the engine use a little bit more air.

From this review, I'd wager that its not worth it unless you have a serious engine that has exhibited a sensitivity to 'minor' mods. Of course if you just have one lying around or can get it for cheap, you won't break anything trying it out.

Yeah I was kinda wondering about it. Mostly if reprogramming would be required to get any results. I know on a old carb type they do help out, but you gotta retune the carb

I wasn't going to spend that kind of money. At the most I'd buy it copy it and return it. Nothing more than a piece of metal or plastic anyway. Not worth like $70. I'd mostly like to get more lowend power for my 2WD truck without replacing the rear end gears. It has 2.73 to 1 gears which make it very nice on the highway and towing my toyota 4x4 one weekend a month works good enough. I did install one of those B&M electronic shift controls. It definately stiffens up the shifts, but on the #2 setting its not always consistant. Any ideas. sometimes its not much better than stock and other times you break the tires loose.

Guest nevarmore

Whats your tranny fluid look like? That would cause inconsistency.

What kind of exhaust? A too open system will kill low-end tourque.

You don't need to reprogram the TBI ECM until you start changing cams or heads. I was able to take my RS from 145rwhp to 181rwhp without touching the computer or opening up the engine.