intresting problems

lord_tris

i just got a 91 240sx it has the ka24de and no hicas or lsd, does not smoke and starts fine when it idles how ever i can hear a small poping sound under the hood and the motor moves a little it runs great under about 4000 rpms like when i am in town.. but when i get on the highway its bogs down and does not get up past 3200.

what it is doing is back fireing through the engine and sputering on take offs after it reachs running temps.

heres my ideas: bad converter,bad exuast,bad injectors,bad throttle body,burnt valve/s

any help will be great

burnt valve, or wiped lob on the cam

get a vacuum gauge, and connect it to the mainfold vacuum. the needle should be around 18 to 20 for a stock cam, and not flutter around. If it;s fluttering around, look and cam/burnt valve. If the vacuum is right then goes down slowly with no change in the motor RPM then the cat is plugged.

we have checked the maf and cleaned it,..the wires are new 8.5mm high pro wires with a fireball coil

again thanks for the suggestions will double check those though just to make sure there is nothing abnormal going with it

i would drop the exhaust and drive around the block,see if that helps.also check the cat,see if you can see through it,or just knock it out.

also change your fuel filter just for funsies,and if you want to change injectors i have a full set still in the rail i'll let go for like 20$ and a 40oz.

Originally posted by 240sxdriverone09:

i might take u up on that offer big ben

how many miles where on them when you took them out

35k they should be good,if not i'll give you back the 20$ but you're screwed on the beer

HAAAAAA its fixed it was the coil the whole D@mn time....all well now all i need is the exaust, gotta wait though cause i just got some new toold today yeah. thanks everyone that gave me some info

if anyone has a place that they know that sells cheap catback exausts...please let me know i need one that will replace the the whole thing