Regal Brakes

Bracketracer13

The brakes on my 87 Regal T-type are having some issues. When i press the brakes, the brake likght on the dash comes on for a split second, and for that split second, the brakes do not work. The peddles when depressed is real stiff at first, then gives to a normal feel. It also makes a wierd clicking noise that sounds like it is most likely coming from in front of the firewall. To me, this sounds like a brake booster problem, but it is not a standard booster like i expected to see, and the repair manual that i bought for it does not show anything like it. Any of you G-body guys or anyone else have any ideas or heard of anything like this? Thanks in advance!

-Jono

Guest Flapjack_Peso
i had a similar problem on my F-350 My brake were acting up t\like you said then my powersteering went out, not fun on a big ass truck like that. the problems arose from a bad vacuum pump. If this helps you at all great otherwise i dont quite know what to tell you. Good luck