s13 sr20det is giving me problem around the clutch area

ColumbusDrift

I still have found no answer. thanks columbusdrift for letting me use you id.

My car will not accelerate if i let it idle a little bit. it started acting up in stop go situations especially in traffic. where i couldn't go into boost and 2500rpms to 3000rpms are needed for it to move out of 1st gear.

After norrowing my problem down, it seems to do this when i let it idle after driving and boosting it.

after letting it sit three minutes of daily driving it will start acting up, and will not move unless at 3500 rpms with no boost

another 5 mins of idling it wont move unless at 6500 rpms?

Another observation was i put it on the freeway and from 2 and 3 gear would catch full boost all the way to redline, then swtching to the 4th gear it will slip at 5000rpms. but letting it at a contant speed at a constant rpms the boost will come back into every gear.

Its weird because i can drive it fine until this point of time.

someone told my transmission needed to be adjusted?? what the hell does that mean

some say throw out bearing but it never grinds going into gears?

some say my clutch is fried but i dont ever smell it?

does the pedal feel ok? did it just start happening? and what did the clutch look like when you did the swap.also you may be able to see something through the hole the clutch fork goes through if you're really lucky.most likely though you should just drop the tranny and see WTF is happening. you'll need to do that to fix it anyway unless it's a hydraulic problem.

clutch pedal feels perfect, its a brand spec stage 3. with a little over 2500 miles on it.

well i moved down here from toledo and it started acting up like this. All the traffic downtown, and stopping and going is just abusing my car. before in my hometown it wouldn't do this unless it was really hot and i ran my a/c and i would be driving in stop and go situations. Also we never have traffic like it is here. i didn't think it was that big of a deal, since i thought it was overheating and it couldn't hold boost.

Like if i wanted to drive it right now it would be fine but after punching it and constantly stopping it will act up on me.

What should I adjust???

What sucks is i have to bring it all the way home since i dont have tools or any sr20 guys to help

Originally posted by ColumbusDrift:

...spec stage 3. with a little over 2500 miles on it...

Search around and talk to other Nissian/SR20 owners with a spec. clutch. Within the past month or two there had been a very large number of people on the S4 forum of Audi World saying they were getting bad spec clutches. They were going out with very little miles, just like yours. I don't know what exactly this problem was rooted in, bad quality control, poor design on the S4 clutches, etc. I do know that no one recommends them as a clutch possibility anymore. They are bad enough that people are getting spec. to replace them, but they aren't even bothering to use the new spec. one in, they just buy another brand (it's a major PITA to do a clutch on these cars). It might be something to look into.

I also don't know enough about the subject matter to speculate if it might be the clutch or not, just wanted to give you a lead to work off of.

no the car doesn't over heat at all engine temp is normal when this happens. drove it today all around 270. didn't have any trouble just cruising it. i went home by eaton and after stopping at about 7-8 lights it started to act up. my diff wouldn't engage smoothley or something but it would shake my car violently