Resonator

Guest mudbutt

Guest mudbutt
I need suggestions on what to do to quiet my exhaust. It is a straight 3" from the turbo to the muffler and is LOUD. Id like to put some form of resonator/muffler upstream. Im wondering what the best would be as far as not restricting flow but reducing noise. I have enough room to do ~20" if I did a glass pack style, the other option would be a flat muffler style.

First off, glass packs SUCK! they will barely quiet a weed eater, let alone anything with a turbo. Find a GOOD turbo muffler, and invistigate them before you lay your money down. There are alot of "turbo" mufflers that are restrictive as hell. Dynomax or something like that would be a good bet.

How quiet are you wanting it. If you want it real quiet, and have some room to do it, parallel two turbo mufflers, it will be both quieter nad more freeflowing. Do not however put them in line with each other. THe backpressure will be as high as if you went with a glasspack.