Chevy crate motor tec questions...Please help!

ChevyMan1972

Here is a little info on what I have and what kind of trouble I am having. I own a zz4 chev 350 that I run in my bracket car. Now the problem that I am having is my car et's awesome but having a little trouble making some power on top. Here is a list of mod's done to my crate motor.

We started with a stock zz4 and aded a fiew things to it to make it have a little more power. I bought a bigger camshaft Crane hyd. roller 295/305 duration .558 lift at .050 110 lobe seperation, also an performer RPM intake ported to match my stock 58cc heads/w crane double roller valve springs. Crane 1.5 roller rockers, to complete my long block. I have a HP series 750 holley carb that is tuned to perfection! Stock fuel lines with 130lph manual holey fp.

Cam, heads and intake are good flow up to 6500 rpm.

Now my best et to date in a 3000lb Omega is 12.02 @ 109.5 I am happy with my e.t's but from the 1/8 mile to the finish line seems not to pull that hard. Now the question that I want to know is, what would happen if I switch to a victor jr. intake, would that gain me more mph and my et. stay the same? Or would I lose et?

If anyone has any input about my question I would love to hear it!

Thanks,

Dan Weaver

try a little more carb first. if you run a spreadbore or can get an adapter I have an 850 race ready q-jet you can try out. if that doesn't make it pull harder try a good open plenum single plane like the victor junior. wieand and offenhuaser also make a couple of good ones for the small blocks(cheaper too). you also may be running out of cylinder head flow on the big end a good set of aluminum cylinder heads would show big gains on that motor.

hope this helps

I think that there is enough carb there just a little more air flow in the middle would help out a lot. I am just conserned that I am going to lose my low end if I go to a victor jr. I think that we are going to go and buy one and see what happnes since no one has one sitting around that I can try...

Thanks for the help...

Dan