Transmission Install

AngryBMW

Ok. I have a th-350 with a 3000 stall in my car right now.

I bought a completly built 700r4 along with a 3000 stall. I dont think the stall I bought (TCI StreetFighter) is as good as the one already in my car (B&M HoleShot).

The dilema is, I am not sure if I can re-use the B&M with the 700r4. Any Idea's??

Also, when I instal it, am I going to need a different driveshaft or will I have to modify my driveshaft or will I not have to touch my driveshaft??

Thanks in advance guys!

-Marc

i dont belive the th 350 is interchangeable with the 700r4. the drive shaft yokes are the same spline and will fit into the tranny, as far as the length i cant rember if the trannys are the same length. just measure the two and compare the two mesurements

i dont think the tranny's are the same and i dont think the convertor is the same either. why are you wanting to get ride of the th350 for the 700r4? i guess the 700 is a four speed, but i think the 350 is better.

The main reason I am getting rid of the th350 is because I like going faster than 60mph on the freeway ;)

I know that the th350 can hold more power, but I like overdrive. My car is going to be a cruiser as well as a track car.

-Marc

Driveshaft will work -if- your TH350 was the 9.something inch tailshaft (9.25", I think). If you had a 'short' tailshaft, you'll need like 3" added.

I think TH350 converters will only work in TH350s and TH375s.

700R4's can also be used in 200r4s.

Thanks for you help guys. I havent pulled my the th350 yet, but when I do Ill measure it and see if I need a driveshaft or not. I think I already have one lined up, so hopefully this will be a painless (crosses fingers) install.

-Marc

it'll all bolt right up. the yokes ARE different I have a good yoke for a 700 I'll give it to you heres the part numbers for the speedo gears you need to so the damn thing reads right

drive - grey 15 teeth gm pn 8642620

driven - light blue 45 teeth gm pn 9775187

you also need the clip that holds the drive gear onto the output shaft it almost always breaks when you swap out the speedo gears go over to mcdormans or byers they'll have what you want in stock if you need a hand give me a call