Right hand drive?

jetta2NV

I have a 99 MK3 VR6 Jetta that i am looking to make Right hand drive. Has anyone ever done this or know anything about it. I have found parts in the UK and just need to know what is all involved. Or would it be easier to just ship a car over? I know this might sound crazy but im just looking to have something diffrent.

if you have a plasma cutter and a welder, you could do it ghetto style so long as you either make a new dash from scratch, or order one from overseas.

or, you could import a car, then let it sit for a year getting inspected and licensed for driving in the U.S.

OR

you could not be gay

your choice

Guest doggunracing
Originally posted by mesteno:

C'mon how did you guys get sucked into an obvious Ricer thread. RHD makes people think your JDM Yo.

No, no, no. He's a VW guy, that's EDM yo!!!

LOL thats funny. i would never drive a honda, nissan, toyota or any of that BS. As for a FORD MUSTANG LOL lets not got there. Alot of people have jettas and i just want mine to be more diffrent then it already is. I already have special paint because its a silver arrow edition (only 500 made). And its already as fast as i need it to be, so whats next?

I would find a totaled RHD Jetta overseas and ship it here, then you should have most if not all the parts needed. Better yet have someone part it out over there with what you need, no big shipping or customs hassle. Find a VW message board with members in Europe. Or maybe figure out exactly what pieces are RHD specific and order those new.

Sounds like a rare car though, I wouldn't worry too much about making it so unique like this. What next? How about enjoy driving the car, save money. Unless you work for the USPS and deliver mail.

Guest doggunracing
Originally posted by jetta2NV:

LOL thats funny. i would never drive a honda, nissan, toyota or any of that BS. As for a FORD MUSTANG LOL lets not got there.

Oohhh, an elitist Jetta owner, look out. It's damn funny that you would never drive that BS, but isn't this your old 240 for sale here?

Alot of people have jettas and i just want mine to be more diffrent then it already is. I already have special paint because its a silver arrow edition (only 500 made). And its already as fast as i need it to be, so whats next?
Special paint; is it rainbow or polka-dots? Okay, so slow is fast enough? Why don't you ask a ricer VW board about this crap instead of in the Tech section of a general-marque RACING board?

How about some of those 'rare' fake German license plates and a plastic flower on the dash!!! That would really make it different. :rolleyes:

well, my 240 was a slow POS i hated it, i have had a few hondas and other nissans and never liked them, besides most of the post on here have been very helpful and the people have been kewl. Alot of people on here have VW and i wanted to know if they knew anything about making it RHD. thx for ur help.