89 Accord problem.wont start

Guest busteryhyman

Guest busteryhyman

I have a 1989 accord

the other day after a rain, it wouldnt start, i popped the plug wires off and they were a little wet, put them back on and the car started right up

today (after that monsoon we had yesterday) it wont start. took the wires off, nothing. it wants to, but it's not getting spark..

any suggestions. i'd check the plugs but i dont have a spark plug wrench

$4 and you have your very own spark plug socket at a variety of places (lowes,autozone,advance, etc) .. your problems could be a result of many things bad wires, plugs, distributor, starter, etc etc

you might have just gotten lucky the other day

Guest busteryhyman

yeah i'd buy a spark plug wrench if there was a store nearby, but alas, there is not

the other day was the only time iv'e ever had aproblem starting it. the plug wires are brand new. i know that much, i just replaced them

maybe the distributor cap is wet/bad?

replace the cap and rotor if you havn't already also you make sure you use dielectric grease on the connections between the wires and the cap and the wires and the plugs it helps keep moisture out stops corrosion and makes it easier to take apart when servicing

I'd suggest finding out how the inside of the boot got wet in the first place. You driving around in 2 feet of water with the hood open?

Thats kind of the type of problem my 4x4 clubs runs into sometimes so its kind of funny to hear about a car doing it.

Evan

Guest busteryhyman
i have no clue. i got it started today and drove it and water was leaking down my leg from the dash panel. ugh. if only i had time