prob on gs-t after bov install

Guest nixon

It's my brothers car. He just bought it, its a 98 eclipse gs-t. Here's what he's telling me happened (he's at college).

"well i installed the bov right and i guess that fucks up everything, because youre not recirculating its venting to open air and so the car starts to run rich. It will stall out if its not adjusted right. So i got it adjusted ok and then it threw a check engine light. Which i shouldnt of cared anyway but i changed it again and then it started cutting in and out. like the battery had a bad connecttion or osmething. i dunno..so now its all fucked up and sometimes it wont even start because of alarm or something?

or battery? its all fucked up."

thers a guy that goes to Devry who has an automatic turbo eclipse. and its a BOV, not BPV, and he has no problems with it,... think about it, for the fractional second that valve is open its not really gonna make a difference, yes it will go rich for hair, but then will find itself again quikly

so he should be fine with the BOV once its adjusted and running right