93 rx7 oil press. prob.

Guest GReddy69rx7

Guest GReddy69rx7
I got a 93 RX7 with a small oil problem, as with all 1.3L rotaries. I have a small oil leak which I still can't really pin-point where its coming from. Everytime I let her loose and get aroud 12 psi boost or more, the oil pressure fluctuates badly, and sometimes, it will drop to 0 psi. I think it might be a turbo problem, but just wanted to see if anyone knew of how the hell to fix this, before I drop about 5 grand to get a rebuild and single turbo conversion. oil pan is brand new, so I think it has something to do with the whole turbo system. If anyone knows of someone who works at Advanced imports/ RX7 store and can hook me up with a small discount of even just some free info. it would be appreciated.

Originally posted by GReddy69rx7:

I got a 93 RX7 with a small oil problem, as with all 1.3L rotaries. I have a small oil leak which I still can't really pin-point where its coming from. Everytime I let her loose and get aroud 12 psi boost or more, the oil pressure fluctuates badly, and sometimes, it will drop to 0 psi. I think it might be a turbo problem, but just wanted to see if anyone knew of how the hell to fix this, before I drop about 5 grand to get a rebuild and single turbo conversion. oil pan is brand new, so I think it has something to do with the whole turbo system.

Are you watching a stock oil pressure gauge, or do you have an aftermarket one. The stock system is wildly inaccurate.

Please post your complete mod list and I'll try and help.

Originally posted by GReddy69rx7:

If anyone knows of someone who works at Advanced imports/ RX7 store and can hook me up with a small discount of even just some free info. it would be appreciated.

Oh, and that would be me!