Chris / other GTP folks...

nurkvinny

P.S. "Free mods" generally don't do shit on these cars. But there are lots of "cheaper" mods that will do a LOT. Pulleys, intakes, PCM, exhaust work (no need to fuck with the catback - the downpipe and manifolds are the most restrictive), ect will get you a good gain.

When you know what you are looking to do lemmie know, we can talk. smile.gif

Thanks for the honest reply smile.gif .

I saw that link today on another forum, and 2 guys replied back that it helped their cars a lot, but both were also having low-boost issues to begin with.

This is vehicle #5 in the stable, and is only going to be used as a daily commuter. Upgrades on worn-out parts that need replaced anyways and free/near-free mods will be the only things I do to it.

On a side note... ever come across a SES light on a 98 GTP that has exactly ZERO trouble codes? Already checked the annoying gas cap issue. Plugs, wires, and fuel filter were just changed, and fuel pressure is A-OK. Car had SES light on when I bought it. Checked the codes... none. Cleared the light with a scan tool. Light stayed off for about 20 miles, then came back on. Still no codes.

Dude, these motors are ROCK SOLID. A few mods like a pulley, PCM, and intake will do no harm and will increase the driveability (and enjoyability) so much more. These cars respond VERY well to mods and a few basic ones like that will make you a very happy guy!

I can't help diagnose an SES light without the car being in front of me. Can you bring the car to Westerville during the day (or evening)? I'll scan it with our Tech II, it'll tell me everything. I might be able to bring it out over the weekend also, but I have to get permission.

Seriously, think about a few small mods. It'll make the car way more fun. smile.gif