Power for 300zx

Guest Redracerx

Originally posted by White Knight:

Obviously, but what would be the best turbo upgrades and feul system mods. and stuff like that?

Well your going to have to build your bottom end, mabye stroke it. You will need new rods, new pistons, at least 1000cc injectors, umm a big single with a large intercooler. YOu will need about 25 grand or more...( seriously ) I have not really heard of many or at all of any 300z's in the 1k HP range. If i were you i would get a front mount. Upgrade fuel, turn up boost via boost controller. Get something to tune it with. The get cams, and a new turbo and yet a new fuel pump and more fuel...i mean the list goes on. Thats way to wide open of a question.

Originally posted by White Knight:

OK any recommended intakes or full exhaust systems... certain companies?

Stillen makes a nice set-up ( got full cat back ) and HKS's is also very nice, more of a preference thing. I would recommend a larger diameter piping, with a stright though design. I also would hollow the cat, or get test pipes ;) .

In terms of intakes, they all do similar things, the big japenese manufactors ie hks greddy... are all fine, Jim Wolfe Technology is a great company for 300z intakes, and in any type of parts in general, he knows his Z's.

Guest timmybgood

i think you have a lot of research to do before you even pop the hood on that car white night. it seems as if you have no knowledge at all. go to www.nissaninfiniticlub.net or freshalloy.com and SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH for the info, you'll find everything you could ever need ot know and more. but don't just post a question like this on those forums, you'll get bashed all day. so SEARCH

and back to the car, i doubt you'll make 1000hp with a 300z. if you rebuilt the block and put some massive turbos on there with massive injectors and have someone tune it who's good...you'll get like 600hp, which is probably enough for a 10 sec pass

but what should you do? get intake, exhaust, downpipe, intercooler, fuel pump, and boost controller, it'll make your Z alot more fun while still being simple and reliable mods

Originally posted by timmybgood:

i think you have a lot of research to do before you even pop the hood on that car white night. it seems as if you have no knowledge at all. go to www.nissaninfiniticlub.net or freshalloy.com and SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH for the info, you'll find everything you could ever need ot know and more. but don't just post a question like this on those forums, you'll get bashed all day. so SEARCH

and back to the car, i doubt you'll make 1000hp with a 300z. if you rebuilt the block and put some massive turbos on there with massive injectors and have someone tune it who's good...you'll get like 600hp, which is probably enough for a 10 sec pass

but what should you do? get intake, exhaust, downpipe, intercooler, fuel pump, and boost controller, it'll make your Z alot more fun while still being simple and reliable mods

I agree, but dont be one of those internet educadted car freaks. The internet is decieveing, it can be helpful, but what works for someone else may not work for you, so take it a face value.

Guest doggunracing

First of all, you're looking in the wrong place. Go to twinturbo.net and sign up. Read the FAQs and search for your questions for at least a week before posting anything. Read as much as you can and then ask. There are thousands of Z32 guys on there with a ton of info.

Forgot to mention, you need to decide what you want the car to do well, drag, highway?