Fox Stang Radiator help

Guest mudbutt

Guest mudbutt
Friend of mine just put a built 302 from an 81 bronco in his 86 fox body. It is bored .40 over, ported heads, cam, etc. The car is now running hot. The guy at the machine shop said it is probably from the overbore. The car has a new water pump and colder tstat. Are there any radiator upgrades that are fairly painless and dont cost an arm and a leg?

I almost can't see how it would run much hotter unless you put the 302 in a mustang with a smaller engine in it. I even ran my 350 on my toyota 4 cylinder radiator for over a year without problems. Eventually I busted the radiator on a tree though:)

Maybe your getting to much flow or air pockets. You could go with a colder t-stat and you could put a restrictor plate in to keep the water in the radiator longer and cool it more.

Does it run hot at idle or on the highway? How about sitting still and running at say 1500RPMs

Evan

did u get all the air out of the system? make sure the head gaskets were installed correctly, certain pockets should be covered in the head so antifreeze won't flow in the back of the heads. also u can pick up a new radiator for 80 bucks for an alum for 200. also mark VIII rad and electric fan is great upgrade

Guest mudbutt
I told him all suggestions. He has already went out and bought a 3 row. He likes to throw money he doesnt have at problems. I just hope it works for him.