Turbo questions?

Bgbdbn

I dont know much about turbos and want to know if there are any good books out there to learn all I can about them and there applications to different engines. And any info I can get on good turbo set ups on 1st generation neons. Any help is appreciated thanks.

your best bet is turbo dodge board. there are alot of guys on there doing turbo setups on 1st gen neons. your best bet is to sit down and talk to someone who knows turbos... and take in the info. so you can understand the complexity fo turbos, how they work and what not. for a neon, a t3/t4 wiht a .60 ar would be a good turbo. there are dodge guys running these on the 2.2l motors getting into the 10s with the proper setup

i have the book its cool....there is a lot that you can do to the first gens there is a lot that has been made for them also. look at www.howellautomotive.com and www.fastfabrications.com. you can make a kit that is cheaper than a hans racecraft kit. fastfabs makes badass headers that work real well. gary howell is the man to talk to about turbos too. he has a little forum on his site that people talk about turbo cars all day long. there are some very experience people out there you just have to find them on his site. also look on neons.org. turbododge mostly screws with srt4s and shelby models. :D have fun. if u have any questions email howell or PM me.

Guest mudbutt

We've done a couple few 1st gen neon turbo setups; both sohc and dohc. Turbo selection really depends on what power you are after. As I suggest for many cars, the t3/t4 50 trim is a great turbo that is versitle enough to be efficient from anywhere between 275wheel to 400wheel depending on exhaust housing. The stage 3 exhaust wheel with .48 a/r housing will reward you with the quickest spool and yeald you a bit over 350 wheel. If you are looking for something smaller a t3 super 60 isnt a bad choice either stage 1 wheel with .63 a/r housing will be great in the 200-275 wheel range. just by experience, I suggest going with the 50 trim though, even on cars making as little as 240 wheel they still spool quick and leave much room for upgrading. I believe we have both sohc and dohc manifolds in stock. If not it wouldnt take too long to make one. If interested give carson a call at 937-533-1730 tell him that Joel sent you. or visit our website at www.forcedfab.com but it is a bit booty and uninformative as it is in the process of being completely being redone.

HTH

Joel

Thanks for the info, it is my brothers neon its a 96 sohc so I will be talking with him and we will be planning out the build. I will probably be in touch with you guys in the near future. Again thanks for the info