94 Eclipse fast idle

DrEvil3264

hey i was wondering if neone knows how to adjust the idle on this car, i think its idleing a bit high, it idles at an averege of about 1300 rpms, sometimes 1500, wierd thing is when i put my air conditioner on it will drop all the way down to 600 or 700. Just wondering what i could do

Alex is right, there is an idler screw on the intake manifold that allows you to adjust your idle... one thing to keep in mind, 2 of my turbo Talons started getting a high idle right about the time that the turbos wen't out... just something to keep an eye out for.

Originally posted by 04636Ninja:

yeah thanks for the heads up, but mine is the Non turbo 4g63. Also about hte air conditioner, if it drops that many rpms when its at high idle will it drop the same amount if i adujust it and if it does that wont it stall?

If your ECU is anything like my PCM, you will have different settings for idle. On mine, the hot/cold temp idle is set at a certain RPM, and the "AC on" idle is set at a different RPM. I'd think that you AC idle would stay where it is now if it's ECU controlled like mine, and you can manually change your regular idle using the steps stated above.